Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've learned that the USDM service manual wiring diagrams do an okay job of helping me chase down electrical short circuits but leave a few things out or have some differences from my JDM model.  Does anyone have a S130 JDM wiring diagram or service manual?  I've found a relay/box under my driver's seat that doesn't exist on the USDM manuals.  It's labeled "Switching Module" and one of the pins (White with Red stripe) is shorting out somewhere up stream.  The problem is I cannot figure out where it is going and what is feeding to that mystery box.  Any help?

 

In case you're wondering, I've done a SR20DET swap a long time ago.  Everything was fine until about two months ago when the electrical system went goofy, and started to burn up the primary fusible link.  So far I found that the starter solenoid was hanging up and shorting, the alternator diode(s) blew and was shorting through the case, the 02 sensor is shorted, the license plate light shorted, one of the horn green power wires shorted, and the ACSD controller box is shorted internally.  I'm getting much closer now to having everything else eliminated from the short circuited category.  It's been a long journey so far using the USDM wiring diagram and removing things from the wiring looms one by one.

 

Thanks in advance and for taking the time to help a lifelong Z enthusiast out,

 

Sam in Hawaii

  • Moderators
Posted

Gidday

 

From the Aus spec S130 Manual.

 

These them ? If yes will post up wiring diagrams.

 

Cheers

post-3930-144023800279_thumb.jpg

post-3930-144023800285_thumb.jpg

  • Moderators
Posted

A bit of detail from the wiring diagram.

The only White / Red wire in that area on the diagram is the Handbrake switch.

 

Maybe the Aus spec diagram can't help.

 

post-3930-144023800289_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yeah you're right, it looks the same as the US setup but on the right side.  My stinkin JDM has at least two or three more to the right of those three, plus another one tucked inside that forward seat frame rail.  One of the guys at work mentioned that he might have a fancy wire continuity tester that he used to use on aircraft.  It sounds like magic to me right now so we'll see if that will help.  I think it sends a AC pulse through the wire and induction down the line to see where it goes and if it's broken up somewhere.

 

Thanks for looking.

  • Moderators
Posted

Gidday

 

The diagrams I have don't show anything else in that area  :(

Good luck in sprting it out.

 

Cheers

 

PB

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...