nizm0zed Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 So, looks like lady luck is shining on my car. I have the opportunity to buy a RB25 engine/gearbox/ECU package at a price not to be refused. So, my current engine and gearbox is up for sale. Since its install it has driven for less than 1000kms, and when it was running on the road it was a very strong motor. The engine currently isn't running due to an issue where I cant seem to get a crank signal, I dont know if the issue is due to either of the optical distributor modules, the wiring or either of the haltech ECU's I have. Either way, time to pull it out. NOTE! This DOES NOT include the Haltech ECU's, Waste spark coil setup, the Turbo unit itself, intercooler, Fuel pressure reg, BOV or airbox/airfilter setup. Im looking for $500 for the engine $400 for the Injection manifold $150 for the turbo manifold $100 for the optical dizzy, 2 modules (may or may not be in working order) and 2 chopper discs, 1 for a Z31 300zx, the other for a 280zx $100 for the gearbox, in as is condition. I would prefer to sell the lot as a package, so all together its for sale for $1000. I am negotiable on anything that will help for the install of a RB motor, or alternatively if you dont think my prices are fair, or want to offer something else, Please PM me, im open to many offers. The sooner I can sell this, the sooner I can install the RB motor. So, details. Engine: N42/N47 block and head. the block has standard dished turbo pistons. the bottom end of the block is pretty much 'as is' as far as I know it has a turbo oil pump in it. I looked over it and its in good condition, the bearings are in good shape so were left as is. Cylinder bore looked good. Compression test results as follows, done cold and dry only. Put a set of rings in it and it'll be a damn nice motor. Cyl1: 110psi Cyl2: 160psi Cyl3: 165psi Cyl4: 160psi Cyl5: 155psi Cyl6: 140psi the head was serviced by Phillip Head Services, with all faces machined and crack testing. The engine has a ARP stud kit fitted and a .6mm genuine Nismo MLS head gasket. The Ozdat engine calculator indicates that the static comp ratio should be 8.73:1 Im not sure whether the camshaft is a turbo spec one or a NA one. It is currently fitted with an optical style distributor and a Z31 chopper disc. there is a spare optical module and chopper disc. (the modules are AS IS, I dont know if they are good or not, and i have no accurate way to test it) There is a slight weep from the sump gasket. The only oil i have ever used in it is Motul Chrono 300. Its fitted with a Drift branded magnetic filter. It has the standard clutch and flywheel on it. Gearbox: the gearbox is as is, consider it as unknown condition. I dont recall any clunks, hard shifting or whining noises. It doesnt leak, I replaced the rear output seal and flushed/replaced the oil. Intake: The inlet manifold is a custom built one off unit. It uses the base flange off a standard L28 manifold, utilising the standard injector bosses. the new runners and plenum is welded onto that. The injectors are 440cc R32 GTR items, they were cleaned and flowed before being installed. The throttle body is a 80mm generic item. You will need to set up a cable style throttle system to suit. It probably needs a good polish... Exhaust: Its the L28ET standard manifold, painted in VHT cast iron. Nothing special, same as all the other ones. There is a ton of pictures in my build thread, starting from about page 4 or so, including detailed pics of building the manifold. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2902.0.html Attached is a couple of pics of how its sitting right now. Quote
COUPE79 Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Give me a call , 0404604159 i am in the ACT and i will buy the lot ... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.