Bolt sizes

ChiprZ

I need to get some new bolts for the car(s) and unfortunatly i don't have a thread gauge to check the size.  Is anyone able to tell me the size of the bolts for the rear bumper (the bit underneath the tail lights)?

I don't suppose there is a list of every bolt size for the car (like an electrical wiring plan sort of thing)... no doubt there will be a fair few bolts to replace due to damaged thread or simply lost

Cheers

Chris

• Moderators

Bolts for the zed are all metric, for the rear bumper, I think they are M10 x 30mm 1.25 thread pitch. Alot of the large bolts on the zed are a metric fine. Not many are the standard metric course.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dimitri...

I ended up taking the original bolts to Bursons and they had a thread gauge, and the sizes matched what you said (M10 x 20mm 1.25 thread).

They didn't fit that easily into the car, but with a little force i managed to get them in...

• Moderators

One lovely thing to buy when you are restoring your zed is a nice full metric tap and die set with all the ones you need. It's great for clearing all the tapped threads in the body when they are full of crap.