260Z Ignition Issues

Linus

Hey

I have a project car and it was stored 13 years. When key was turned I got nothing initially, then I just wiggled wires around near ignition looking for a possible kill switch etc, and then she would start (many times even after removing/hooking up battery a few times etc). BUT I went away 2 weeks and came back to try a new fuel pump and ignition wont work. The lights work, electric sunroof works etc, volt gauge works, But nil dash lights/starting etc when ignition on.

I also degreased engine bay 2 weeks ago. Not sure if water got in somewhere.

I looked at fuses in the driver's footwell and all good....where are the other fuses?

ideas?

thanks  

The ignition switch assy, behind the key/barrell, due to the current loads, will break down, and the contacts carbon up, causing resistance, and intermittent Acc/On/On/Start problems

Start there, you can get them, new, from Nissan, or, I should have a spare new unit, f you are in the area

thanks but sorted it out, like 5 mins later lol

it was just one of those open wires on drivers side engine bay relays....it was stuffed and not allowing power through...all fixed and new fuel pump works and car runs woohoo