Jump to content

Shells260

Members
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shells260

  1. Hey guys, I have not put the gauges back in yet, we have a small piece of rust on the drivers side floor(little hole) about the size of a 10 cent piece we need to deal with, so happy to leave him in the box for now. Allan at dash doctors did say getting the gauges in would be tight but to use soapy water on the gauges and a heat gun or hair dryer to soften it a bit before fitting. Damage was $610 posted back to Tas and to perfectly honest with the result we would have paid more. As I said I could not be happier. Finally feels like the car in the shed is going somewhere (we decided to hand the plates in and do my cosmetic enhancements prior to registering it in tassie). It really is perfect!
  2. dashboard doctors amazing transformation of one very sad dash... Could be happier with the awesome results.... Just the beginning of an amazing journey.
  3. Sorry I created a double post.
  4. Haha yeah, forgot about the rear vent things and I have to agree some people... Would you believe it also has an inclometer and an alarm that talks and locks you in when you get in.. Lol Also if anyone needs a little gold jaguar I removed the one that was screwed into my dash ????
  5. Hey guys, So I refuse to stand between a man and his z, so I thought rather than spend half my life ferrying drinks to the workshop I should find a good reason to fill the fridge and spend more time in there myself. ???? We are lucky enough to have a v8 260z 2 seater in the house but I wanted something I with a little less power and more room. So we came across a blue 260z with gills which I loved, but it disappeared before we could get a response from the owner. But luckily enough it reappeared again, and after a little negotiating picked it for what I think was a damn bargain (even if it is only a 2+2.) Realistically it is a very sound car, the only rust we have found so far is a piece probably the size of an airmail stamp RH side rear hatch of which we have been quoted $250 to repair. It was a little disappointing it has a sunroof but in that era it was reasonably common. The dash is definitely not good but after some research I believe the dash docs do a good job. The second worst thing is the skulls, they are EVERYWHERE, door knob locks, valve caps, gear knob, choke lever, and we have lightening door handles. I already know exactly the look I want for this car and I cannot wait to get started. I will be working on the aesthetics and hubby is taking care of the muscle under the hood. I was lucky enough to be given an early set of 45mm triple Dellortos for my birthday just recently which should help to get a bit more power oh and that sound out of my L28. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, I will dig around the site and find what info I need and ask if I get stuck. I have included a pic of the car on his way home and a pic of the exact look I want ???? let me know what you think.
×
×
  • Create New...