Jump to content

Jackson.Zed

Members
  • Posts

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jackson.Zed

  1. Thank you dat2kman very helpful I'll do so asap!
  2. Well that is what confuses me. Mine is a 75 and it has electric because it clicks.. Can't rember because it's been at my mates place for 5 months after we moved. I didn't take any notice if it had a mechanical one because I heard the electrical one. In built filter? Like in the pump, or ?
  3. I have a question, this simple question has been answered many different ways throughout my research. What fuel pump does the 260z have? I've had a few different answers. "Later 260z models have electrical" "The 260z has both electrical and mechanica" "The 260z has a mechanical pump" The reason I'm asking this is because I've ran my car dry and i think I've blocked filters and lines. This has caused the car to only just idle because of contaminated fuel and restricting fuel. I know it's rust because my fuel in a glass cup would look the same as beer.. I think it's cause by a 1/4 filled tank..previous owner and my bad :/ Anyway the point is what pump do I actually have? I can hear the electrical pump. if I have both should I replace the mechanical one too? Sorry for stupid questions, I'm 16 and my age has only enabled me to start cert 1 this year.
  4. Hey Justin thank you for asking. It's still currently at my mates place and I haven't got to it yet. Taking a new fuel filter up soon, a compression gauge and I'll check the plugs while checking the compression. I'll check the electrical a first.
  5. It could be the plugs there is old fuel in there and only runs for a very short time. But it does sound like electrical/timing. It did start doing this two weeks after the project. I've done that it drops but not by much. It's like they are all firing weak..
  6. Normally fine if you pull the chokes out. Starts first go. But now it doesn't even sound like it's self.
  7. Thanks Justin I've done that but I'll check again. It's been like this for a month or two because it's at my old place
  8. Hey all sorry to bother you but I need your help! I'm 16 and my mechanical skills are brief as my ages has restricted courses. The problem: my datsun 260z with original L26 has no power. It starts and idles (sounds different to normal) When put into drive or any gear (yes it's "currently automatic") it stalls unless you give it a little throttle but it doesn't move, at ALL! How it happened. Well one day I pulled it out it the shed and gave it a wash. When I put it back in the shed it started dying down. (Sounded like running out of fuel which is possible as it's a project car and never filled it). Resent projects, resprayed the rocker cover and resealed it. All leads were numbered so I didn't mix them up putting them back. Possible I mixed then numbers up but doubt it, I'm 16 but I can count to 6 My suspicions: 1 well firstly if it did run out of fuel it may have sucked up sediments in the tank and blocked a line or filter restricting fuel from entering making it only burn enough to idle. 2 because of only filling 1/4 of the tank up, condensations may have formed and the fuel may have water in it. The water and the fuel should seperated but it still may effect it. 3The points may be a little worn causing a weak ignition. (Least of my suspicions) 4 compression may be a factor as I doubt anythings been changed for a while. A valve may not be sealing or the rings are stuffed. But if the rings are stuffed oil normally come through to the top and burns making very white smoke? As I said I'm 16 and I'm only briefly mechanical. Please help me and explain things well. Thank you everyone that try's to help . Sorry if there's any mistakes I'm on my phone as I'm not home. Thanks all.
  9. Thank you everyone for your replies and infornation! If I owned a 240z not a 260z I wouldn't touch those guards! Id like to flare my 260 it without damaging the panels but I'm not too fussed with the flares. You have to have a good paint job to suit them though! Has anyone seen the itàlian flag styled zed?
  10. Thank you Yo-Yo and dat2kman. I do understand why people don't like to change the zed and that's fine that look great how they are. But I'm not planning to change it very much just the comon lip and the flares maybe the spoiler but I'm not sure? Thank you I'll search that up!
  11. hello fellow zed fans, I am a new club member and have been a zed fan for about 3 years as im am only almost 17! yes growing old I know I own a 1975 260z with the standard l26. my zed isn't yet on the road. Its fairly neat but it isn't what I want it to look like. I do like the standard 240-260zs with the front lip but im thinking of making mine look a little more tough. front lip, duck tail spoiler and very broad flares with deep dish rims to go along bringing out the "muscle" in this slim muscle car. id like if people could share their 240 and 260s that fit to this description to get some ideas. colour recommendations would be great but I think I have that worked out. I was thinking white with black details. I apologise if i have done this wrong or posted it in the wrong topic, somewhere near Antarctica if i have please help. i haven't found anything on the app store but there is a phone app for auszcar?
×
×
  • Create New...