Jump to content

kidzee

Members
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by kidzee

  1. Hey, thanks for the offer peter Peter, I went and had a look on the weekend and while I'm not super experienced it looks like the rust is fairly serious throughout the car. The seller said that she's had the car for four years and prior to that a father and son were working on it. It looks like both dog legs have been bogged fairly heavily and behind both front wheels is a decent amount of rust that looks like it's had some bog as well. The seller was honest about everything and showed me a hole that looked large enough to fit my hand through in the drivers floor panel. In its favour the engine didn't miss a beat so that's something but to get it road worthy it will probably require a full strip back to find out how bad the rust is. If you want to take a look Peter it would be great to see if I was anywhere near close with my judgement of the car or wether I way off mark but it did look like it had a lot of rust. Scoota, I tried to get some photos but they didn't end up turning out too well but thanks for thanks for the advice. I'll just keep looking for the moment. Thanks for the welcome to the community Cheers Eliot
  2. Hey I'm new as a member to this site but have been browsing for a while just looking at Zed's. I am currently wanting/ looking for a 260 2+2 and think I may have found one, but the problem is at the moment living in an apartment block and a student so no room to work on car myself combined with a lack of necessary skills. The car I found seems to have the usual rust in the dog legs and floor but from photos it looks like it is in reasonable condition. Was wondering rough approximates for repairs. this is the car http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/datsun-260z-1977-14713011?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=11&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%201216&find=datsun%20260z%7cCarAll&silo=Stock&num=15&sort=default
×
×
  • Create New...