Jump to content

Gillo

Members
  • Posts

    17
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by Gillo

  1. I have a set of hubcaps that I want to sell but I am unsure if they are off a Z or were just a general Datsun style. This is the first pic. The second pic is of some centre caps, again are they from a Z or other Datsun. Thanks in advance. Iain
  2. SOLD
  3. I have a 5 speed gearbox I no longer require. It came out of a 240Z with L28. It has a 1st gear ratio of approx 3.3. Filler plug is on passenger side. $400 ono
  4. 3.54 Diff and shafts. Best offer.
  5. SOLD
  6. Sorry for the confusion It is as pictured. Unknown on what pistons are in it. I always thought a short motor was the head and block only, and a long motor was all the fruit included, fan, starter, etc. Anyway, it is both head and block.
  7. No, sorry. It came out of a 73 240Z, original colour orange, but maroon when I bought it.
  8. I have my L28 short motor for sale as I no longer want to use it. It was running fine when removed from the 240Z and I took compression readings. It has a N42 head and F54 block # L28-683693. $400 ono
  9. Should have mentioned, this is part of upgrading to hilux calipers as well. Was happy to keep the stock M/C, but as it was getting difficult to source here thought I might as well do the other end as well. Thanks for the warning all the same
  10. Great timing on this topic for me, as I am trying to find a replacement for my original M/C and not having much luck with the usual spares suppliers (most look at you and reply "a 240 what?"). The patrol M/C might be the best solution, can anyone tell me the model I need to quote? Is it the MQ? Thanks.
  11. Cheers guys. I will try Bursons here in QLD tomorrow.
  12. I have been trying to source a new bottom radiator hose for a L28, it is in a 240Z . Repco no longer list this item, they use Gates. Supercheap have a Mackay catalogue in store that lists one but they dont stock it, and the pic doesnt look that similar anyway. My next option is a flexible one but they only come in pre cut lengths, might investigate this further. Havent tried Nissan yet for an original. Any advice or options are greatly appreciated.
  13. Thanks Dimitri I will keep an eye out for one on eBay. The hazard function I am not too concerned about, hopefully wont be broken down too much to warrrant their use The other interesting thing about the purchase was that I got a heap of parts to put air con in the Zed. Apparently the last person who had it registered sourced all the parts to get it going but never installed it. There is a Rx/Drier, compressor and bracket, condensor unit and dash switch. The condensor is a large box that looks like it is supposed to fit under the dash in the passenger foot well. Not sure if I will install it as it is takes up a lot of room.
  14. Might be a while before I wil be mobile for a cruze, but will definately once it is back on the road. Thanks for the info re hazard switch. What I meant by the springs on the hinges, are the torsion bars (not sure of correct term) that go between the two bonnet hinges on either side. I have seen pics of them on some Zeds.
  15. The best thing about this car was how complete it was. Being new to Zeds, this was a big bonus for me as I didn't want to be looking around for bits and pieces that I had no idea about. Having said that some of the missing bits I have noticed so far: - Choke knob, there is just the metal lever. - Springs that run between bonnet hinges, not sure how important these are as it doesn't take much to lift it up. - No hazard switch. - the original L24 motor, not complaining as the L28 runs quite well. I am assuming that only the motor was swapped out as all the other parts "look" (in my uninformed opinion ) to be from the L24, Carbys, distributor etc.
  16. The guy I bought it from had advertised it a couple of times, but wasn't going to settle for a cheap offer. Apparently had a few tire kickers around. He bought it to restore but other plans came up and just wanted to sell it for what he paid, which i was happy to offer him. $8K.
  17. Hi All, I have finally purchased a 240Z, after wanting one for many years. I joined the website a coupe of months ago in the hope of buying one from a fellow Zed enthusiast. I eventually found mine on eBay and bought it directly from the guy rather than go through the dramas of eBay. The vehicle is a 73 240Z HS30103505 with a 5spd and L28 motor. It was registered in NSW a number of years ago and since then sat in sheds awaiting someone to bring her back to life. I plan to do a bare metal respray and leave the L28 in it. It is in quite good condition, only a little rust in the usual places, that I can see so far, but as I intend on keeping the car for a while I will spend the time stripping it right back. It was good to find this forum as it has given me plenty of ideas on how to restore my new toy to working condition.
×
×
  • Create New...