Jump to content

shelldrake

Members
  • Posts

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by shelldrake

  1. Here's a taste...
  2. So..I brought the car to warren at Zworx and he thinks it's a bit of a steal for the money. I'm only chasing a few bits and pieces now(I'll place an ad in the classifieds). Me and my bro are pretty keen to get this up to scratch we just got a new black carpet set from tru-fit and a whole heap of new rubbers too! Not to mention the trim, wheels, seats,etc warren sorted for me while I was there.
  3. I've been doing up a 74 celica for some time now. Converted it from auto to manual, took it off the road to build a better motor for it. Varios other modification and restoration on it. Collected better panels here and there and I'm just looking for somewhere to get it sprayed now. But yeah, there's so many things that are involved in a car restoration that you don't realise at the time of purchase.... Thanks for your offer on the help. I'm sure I'll be searching through the forums and reading the workshop manual a fair bit. We'll see how things pan out.
  4. Damn...Had the car inspected the other day. The worst of it was probably the heater disconnected,(I suspect from dodgy heater core) and their was a few dents in the chasis rail. The guy inspecting said that it wouldn't get a rwc without heater and with the dents(i should walk away). With that the seller dropped his price to 1000. I told him I'd give him 1200 if he included every spare part, manuals and his advertising bits and pieces. We're making the deal tomorrow. Taking it down to someone who knows them well on monday for the full verdict. Let you know how i go. I probably should say no...but the price seems right....
  5. yeah, it is. I may have already sourced out a complete interior in black for about 400....Just checking the trading post and the usual spots though and they don't seem as common in decent condition as you guys think. At my price range anyway. We'll see what happens friday...
  6. The guy seems genuine enough. The rust spots that are appearing are my main concern. the engine seems to run well and the interior will be ok if the work is done by my bro and I. The manual option would just be nice later down the track. I checked out scotts old auto rubber for replacement seals. Seems pretty reasonable. I'm getting a comprehensive report on the car Friday. See how it goes...
  7. Hey guys, I'm sure you're all sick of this question but I tried the search function and was pretty un-successful. I've been checking out a few zeds for my brother to buy and we found one that's within his price range but want to know if it's gonna be a: value for money b: realistic to fix it faults c: Be pretty reliable It was resprayed in 2 pack about 4 months ago and looks pretty nice except for about three runs in it. It has small(thumb size) rust spots at the top left and right of the hatch channel. minor bubbling on the bottom corner of the passenger side door. Another small bubble starting on the left of the pillar near windscreen. Motor is from a 280. Carbies are from a 240. Automatic box. Rubbers are mostly cactus. Dash has had some vinyl glued to it(would love to get it reskinned). Centre console is cactus. Door trims and seats need attention too. Do zed wreckers usually have consoles? Door trims? Or are they rare undamaged? What's the chances of getting a 5speed box, tailshaft, manual pedal assy, etc to suit cheaply enough? Should we just be happy with the auto? Front end bushes also need replacement. For 2.5k is the price right? Having an racv inspector check it out on friday anyway, but a heads up would be great! Thanks in advance guys.
×
×
  • Create New...