Coilover info n stuff??

RB30X

I know there have been a few threads asking about what strut inserts or shocks that can be installed when going down the road of lowering our cars. I wanted to start this thread for listing the specifics to make it easier for someone in the future so they don’t have to search through all the bits and pieces and still not get a definitive answer. Hopefully it can fill up with useful info and become a sticky. Luckily for me someone already did all the hard work when installing the coilovers in my car so I have part numbers to work with. So far I have had the rears apart so I can list the info on them, but I will do the same for the fronts one day.

Please feel free to list your set up as well but make sure you include part numbers etc and as much info as you can about height and strut travel. Pics are good too.

240Z Rear Coilovers

Factory strut tube height (I think??) 390mm

KYB Excel G gas struts # 365012 (requires one washer as spacer in bottom of tube)

Coil over sleeve welded on at approx 90mm from top of strut tube.

Sleeve length is 120mm.

Picture250641210.jpg

Picture250641229.jpg

Picture250641214.jpg

Picture250641213.jpg

Picture250641216.jpg

With 6kg Otomoto springs and the spring perch sitting approx 10mm from top of sleeve, there is approx a one inch gap between the guard and the 16” tyre. Approx 80mm further lowering available.

Picture250641228.jpg

Picture250641218.jpg

Picture250641237.jpg

With 4.5kg King springs and the spring perch approx 50mm from top of sleeve, there is approx a one inch gap between the guard and the 16” tyre (as above). Approx 50mm further lowering available.

Picture250641212.jpg

PS. Can someone please come up with a better name for this thread. I ran out of motivation.

PPS. If you think of any thing else I should've included let me know while its still fresh in the memory area of my brain.