Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I bought my 260 2+2 about six years ago it had had the eng roplaced with an L28 and may have had an automatic trans because for some reason some numpty has fitted it with a four speed trans.I have re biult it once after extended periods of punishment apart from that i've had no problems.Does anyone know what it may have come from or for what reason it may have been fitted. :? :?

Posted

thanks for your reply though I am happy with the preformance I think i'll look for a 5 speed as I am in the middle of a restoration job on it :D

Posted

All Z's sold in Australia came with a 5-speed, but the 4-speed was actually an option. In the US they only got the 4-speed and the 5-speed wasn't available until around the introduction of the 280Z, and even then it was the wide ratio type (FS5W71B).

 

Early 240K's (pre 1976) came with a 4-speed manual from the factory for us, so it's possibly one of those (some other 6-cyl Datsuns - eg 240C - could be had as a 4-speed manual, but rare). The early 4-speed boxes are distinguishable by the long, thin metal cover screwed to the top of the extension housing in front of the gear lever - unfortunately a bit hard to see.

Posted

Had a quick look last night,the eng is out and most of the bay is striped so i lowered the front of the box down still couldn't see much . I will be able to see it better when I drop the whole box out. cheers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...