Which computerfor a efi

zed4ps

Hi, i have a 260 with a series 1 280zx engine and efi. I am trying to find out if i have the right computer for the series 1 or if there is a couple of options. The numbers i have are 22011    P8800 ALL-000 450 oyo5. had the car dynoed and it runs well except when sitting at lights or at rest somewhere i can smell what i think is unburnt fuel. if i sit at lights and then plant it it blows out black smoke for a while and then stops.Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

If leaking injects, that'd be pretty bviousre the black smoke out back on take off, sounds lile the Co

D Sart Enrichment circuit is staying on, this is a single nozzle in the main lg plenum, just behind the T/B.

Sometimes just pulling it out, giving it a tap, squirting a little WD40 nto the fine nozzle hole, and down into fuel feed hole, can loosen it, f stuck.

Even disconnect/reconnect the wire plug to it can be enough.

At more that dle, there is enough fuel/air going through to not be affected by the small amount out of the CSEV.

Therewere quite a number of variations of the factory ECU's, i have four different numbered units, internally they look similar, but there are fine differences with certain components.

Best one i have found s the unit from a zxTurbo, it haps a second PCB, which I have utilised for different gnition and fuel delvery at hgher rpm's.

The injectors are new but that doesn't mean that they are working proply, i took out the cold start valve left it hooked up, and filled the hole with another one. Ran car but no fuel came out of the c.a.v. I have new fuel pump, new temp sensor, on the bottom of the throttle body there is a boost controlled deceleration valve but nothing electrical or air is hooked up as i can`t find any info on this device, or if i even need it. the dyno guy said not to use vac advance setup. Cheers

The unburnt fuel smell can be result f undoing and doing up fuel lines, the lines dont quite go back exactly as they were, are a bit hard, and the fuel under pressure can weep out, by time you go to look for it, it has evaporated.

By carefull when trying to tighten up lines further. The hoses have had some 25 years to "set".

That little enrichment nzzle, only comes in when engine coolant temp is low, for its so

Enoud to pull back, and release fuel, it needs to be earthed to the manfopd.

If its not spurting fuel, on hot engine temp, if earthed, it s ok.

Fit it, connect it, do the hard accelerate thing, still black smoke?

Now disconnect it, try hard accel, still black smoke? ( is air filter newish? An old blcked airfilter acts a bit like a choke)

It could be that the injectors may be larger size, but that would show all through rev range

On hard accel, the signal that gets sent to injects, badically says 100% duty cycle boys, via the Throttle position sensor, bolted on side of the T/B, but the major problem is, insufficient volume of airflow into intake relative to qty of fuel being dumped in on wide open throttle from idle.

Bit like triple Weber carbs, tromp on those, and she dies, goes burbur bur burburbur, then whoar!

could simply be the idle mixture not accurate.  I am not overly familiar with 280z efi but every vane type afm I have seen has an idle mixture screw that bypasses air around the vane. Can you locate the idle mixture screw on the afm? has the cover been removed?