Jump to content

WTB/WTT (R33 GT-R vpsec) for 240z or 260z 2 seater


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

As the title suggests, I am in the market for either Z model.

Would prefer to purchase one already restored but am open to bare shells or cars in need of work.

Will travel interstate for the right car but do prefer to purchase in Vic.

 

For those potentially interested in a trade, I have my silver 1997 Series 2, R33 GT-R V Spec on offer.

 

The specifications of the car is as follows:

 

Engine:

R33 cylinder head, R34 standard bottom end. Purchased from Japan with engine number to prove block is from R34 GT-R.

Nismo 1.2mm metal head gasket

Tomei 1.5mm oil restrictor

Tomei sump baffle with trap doors

Gates Racing timing belt

Nissan OEM RB26 water pump

Nissan OEM Long Life Coolant 

NGK BCPR7ES every 5,000km

Racepace Motorsport cam gears

K&N high flow panel filter in stock airbox

Garrett 2859-9 (HKS GT-SS equiv) with brand new gaskets, washers and adjustable actuators 

Racepace boost controller

Just Jap oil catch tank with washer bottle

Nismo RB26 Airflow metres

Nismo RB26 276lph fuel pump

XSpurt 1000cc injectors

Apexi Power FC with hand controller

Mine's 70x2mm to 80mm front pipe

3" test pipe

3.5" Tomei Ti Expreme 

 

There may be more that I have missed, but the whole engine setup is quite track safe with the addition of an oil cooler. Castrol Edge 10w60 is used every 5,000km and oil temps stay below 100 degrees on spirited driving. The beauty of this setup is that it can easily be reverted back to factory standard as everything was a bolt on affair and I have all the standard engine parts.

 

The car was tuned in August at Chequered Tuning on United E85. Final power figure was 364rwkw @ 6,500rpm and just shy of 600Nm @ 4,000rpm. Reaches full boost of 21psi by 4000rpm.

 

Drivetrain

Redline MT90 transmission fluid

Nissan OEM D-Matic fluid for ATTESSA system

Motul Gear 300 LSD fluid

 

Brakes

Standard R33 GT-R Brembos with Ferrodo DS2500 pads front and rear

ADR approved braided brake lines

Motul RBF600 brake fluid

 

Suspension

BC BR coilovers OTS spring rates (8kg/mm front, 6kg/mm rear)

Adjustable front upper camber arms

Cusco adjustable castor rods

 

Wheels and tyres

20mm bolt on, hubcentric spacers

Standard R33 GT-R 17"x9" +30 wheels with 245/45/17 Dunlop Z1 Star Spec tyres.

 

Once again, I may have missed a few things but this gives you a good idea of what the car presents. The exterior looks like a factory GT-R to the untrained eye with the exception of slightly lower ride height, a carbon fibre rear wing blade and Nismo end caps. The body has few imperfections as the car is actually driven and currently sits on approximately 123,xxxkm. I can't imagine it being a major turn off to potential buyers/swappers though.

 

I have been as thorough as possible in specifying what I have to offer and would appreciate nobody making ridiculous offers. In saying that, with a little research and to put things in perspective, the lowest priced R33 GT-R I have found is selling for $19,500. That is with only an exhaust and is a 1995, Series 1 model.

 

Pictures of the car are available upon PM or reply here.

 

Posted

Pics please.

 

Is there anything to be wary of in terms of condition (mechanical and suspension)?

 

What is your main reason of sale/trade?

Posted

Thanks zzzzed for clarifying.

 

I'm in the market for a zed because I've always been fond the model. Now that I've experienced the GTR, I would like to experience other cars too. 

 

The car is mechanically sound. With the E85 tune, the car does have a lopey idle on cold starts which lasts for no longer than 30 seconds. Sounds like big duration/lift cams.

The rear o2 sensor is dead, so upon replacement, the car would see better fuel economy. The car is capable of 350km to the tank with NORMAL driving, no AC use. Tuner estimates an extra 50km per tank with the o2 replaced and switched back on.

 

Suspension wise I have replaced most items which would give me more freedom in the alignment. I.E. more neg camber on the front and more castor. The BC BR is very supple over Melbourne roads and is comfortable enough to drive daily. If I were to keep the car, I would actually change the rear camber arms too since there is not enough adjustment with the standard items. 

 

I hope that answers all your questions, Bozo. 

Posted

Thank you!

 

Is there any reason why you haven't repaired the O2 sensor as of yet?

 

Would you also be kind enough as to add vehicle photographs?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...