. Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 I'm not sure why I waste my time but I'll give it another go. There is a come try motorkhana on Nov 22nd. For this event you don't have to be a club member or have a CAMS license. It will cost $25 for a Level 1 Licence (this is refundable within 6 months if you decide to buy a full licence) and $30 entry for the day. (Total $55) You will also need a valid driver's license and a CTP extension for cars registered in QLD. This is a low pressure / low cost way to try your car out and have a go at motorsport. Quote
PZG302 Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 Locked diff, no handbrake and a seating position that limits visibility to the rear....... No so good for motorkanas, and with what I did to the MX I am not allowed to take it any where near a track or motor sport event again I have done a motorkana a long time ago and it was great fun, for any Qld members here it is well worth a go and you will suprised how much fun low speed driving can be, especially when a great deal of precision is needed Quote
chev z Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 I have a LSD diff , don't use the handbrake and reverse using side mirrors and have a blast of a time. Go for it and enjoy the good driving and stuffups that make it such a fun day. Quote
mtopxsecret6 Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 oh man.. ive got the nissan stripped down at the moment, re doing the cooling system.. i'll try and have it completed by then greg, Im still keen to give this a bash. Quote
PZG302 Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 Already booked up that weekend with the MX5 club.....Otherwise would have loved to have a go, probably in the ute.... The racing Z doesn't allow me to reverse using the mirrors due to the harnesses and limited head movement with the cage. Visibility out the back is better with the hatch up though Quote
Zeddophile Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 The racing Z doesn't allow me to reverse using the mirrors due to the harnesses and limited head movement with the cage. Visibility out the back is better with the hatch up though Sounds like me backing the car trailer at night in the rangie. Purple 80's tint is a bit past its prime, much easier to see out with the upper tailgate open in low/no light! Quote
kalium Posted November 13, 2009 Posted November 13, 2009 I'd be ineterested except my car is STILL at the panel beaters... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.