Looking for feature cars.

gav240z

• Administrators

Gav, i am finally filling out my details.

Will get it to you as soon as i can.

Cheers

Graedat

Awesome really looking forward to it. Hah 2 V8 zeds featured in a row that will make it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Looking for a new car to grace the front page and make it interesting again. Any volunteers? I've got Mr Bond working on an article for his race car, any other volunteers?

@Sulio any luck getting those Hybridz cars and details?

I'm working on automating the process to make it easier, but for now the easiest way to give me details is via email.

Feel free to PM me or send me an email at gavindoolan@gmail.com

Gav,

I should have some suitable photos of mine in mid November from Lakeside and Noosa and can put something together on my racer, built to different specs than Shane's, for different rules 2b Marque Sports rather than his much freer Targa spec and a lot more freedoms than the Historic Group Sc boys.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

We now have a form where you can submit the details of your ride to be included on our homepage as a member ride of the month.

http://www.viczcar.com/node/add/member-ride

It is still very much in testing and will likely undergo some changes to improve it and make it easier. However its far better than what we had before.

Let me know if you submit an article / have problems.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Potential Cover Cars This Year.....

[*]Ben's L32 Turbo - Adelaide

[*]Terry Oxindale's Race Car 240z - V8 - United States

[*]Simon Bond's L28 Turbo Race Car - Tasmania

[*]Michael Bellinger 240z V8 LS1 - Tasmania

[*]Simon's 280zx 2 Seater - Victoria

[*]Big Phil's 280z Turbo - United States

[*]Ron Carter BRE replica - United States

[*]Guus van der Bol - Works Datsun 240z Rally Car Tribute - Netherlands

[*]Alan Thomas - Nissan Fairlady 240zg and 432r replica - UK

[*]Kats - Early HLS30 240z and Nissan Fairlady Z432 - Japan

If anyone would like their car featured please let me know as I often have to chase people several times to get the details, so its always good to have a back up car :).

• Administrators

Just a reminder everyone I want to get a member ride on the homepage for January and time is running out. So if you haven't submitted your details.

http://www.viczcar.com/member-rides/submit-your-ride

Before submitting I suggest writing everything in a word doc so you don't loose the information if there is a form submission error. If you have problems with the form please let me know.

Alternatively if you want to just email me the details and I can put it together in a formal format for you I'm happy to do that. Be sure to include a few high quality photos and describe any major modifications you have made.

• Administrators

Its summer, so that means I'm spending my time working on boats and water skiing and wakeboarding. So little time to work on the car, I'll fill the form out when i get a chance, but I'll need some new pics too.

Cool, if I was you I'd be doing the same thing mate. I miss Australian Summers and the beach. We just had a blizzard in Dublin ;).

I'm trying to get 1 new ride on the homepage each month. So I keep bumping to topic to keep it at the top of people's minds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

So a small update. Some may have noticed I have been making changes to the Member Rides section of the site.

Most are template changes, when I moved from our last content management system it was easier at the time to just have 1 image per featured ride. Now its possible to have an unlimited (but I stick to 6 for now).

I haven't finished converting all member rides to the new format, but the ones I've done so far exist under this URL:

http://www.viczcar.com/member-rides

Which is alot friendly than the older:

http://www.viczcar.com/taxonomy/term/11

I've got the process down to a point where its pretty straight forward to publish a new member ride on the site.

The most time consuming part of this process is getting content. That is getting you guys to send me details and photos ;). I have a car lined up for February, but don't let that put you off submitting details. I'd rather have to catch up with all your submissions than chase you guys up ;).

Thanks and hope you enjoy member rides.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It's that time again and I'm looking for a new front page car for this month of March.

If you don't know what to write or need some ideas here are some questions you could answer:

1. Why choose a Z, when you can get a cheap import with 300 ba-jillion horsepower so cheaply?

2. How did you find your Z? Did you look at a few lemons before finding the right Z?

3. After getting your Z, what was the first thing you wanted to change?

4. What has been your vision for your Z? Was there a particular car that helped you decide on the right look?

5. What do you enjoy most about owning a Z?

6. What's the funniest thing that's happened to you since owning your Z?

7. What annoys you most about owning a Z?

8. What / who has been the biggest help? Anyone you want to thank?

9. Future plans? What would you do if money was no object?

10. Any advice for people in the market looking for a Z? What would you do differently (if anything)?

11. Total investment so far? You don't have to disclose, you can say none of your business or more than X amount etc...

Then you could just send along a list of modifications you have made and a few photos and I'll do all the rest.

Feel free to add anything else that's relevant or I haven't thought of..

I do plan on sending details of my car, but I need to take some nice pics.

Which means it needs to be running, my car spends more time up on jack stands while I'm working on it than ready to drive.

The gearbox should be finished and in this weekend, so we're getting closer.  ;D

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I'm not sure if it has been featured in the past, but what about Cuong's imola yellow rb26 powered beast. The nicest interior bar the yellow inserts :)

Is this Cuong in Western Australia with the RB26DETT conversion? I believe I got in contact with him a while back, but the car wasn't on the road. Wouldn't hurt to follow up with him again though.

I had a couple of submissions recently I need to follow them up though. I've been busy / lazy. We do need a new car on the homepage though.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Just a reminder.. we haven't had a front page update in a while. I have 1 article in the words and is almost ready to go out, but would be good to have a couple of others to work with and get posted out there.

I apologise we haven't had a new car on the homepage for a bit, but I got caught up with work and was on holiday for a couple of weeks there.

Hi,

Just a suggestion. Since we know about rev's good work, how about his latest resto (260 2 seater), that's if it hasn't been sold yet. Would be really interesting and an inspiration to new members and current ones. Thats is if Rev agrees to it ofcourse. Sorry if im dobbing you in Rev, just recognising your hard work.  8)

Ad