what pedals/ pedal box fits in the 260z?

st_mok

• Moderators

The pedals from a manual 260Z (or 240Z) is pretty much the only option. I may have a set but still trying to find them. You'll also need the clutch master/slave units and hydraulic line, flywheel and clutch and spigot bearing that sits in the crankshaft at the rear where the gearbox input shaft locates into.

The pedals from a manual 260Z (or 240Z) is pretty much the only option. I may have a set but still trying to find them. You'll also need the clutch master/slave units and hydraulic line, flywheel and clutch and spigot bearing that sits in the crankshaft at the rear where the gearbox input shaft locates into.

thanks zedman240

when you find it let me know please.

email me...st_mok@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

After some recent teardowns of a '71, '73 and '74 S30s, I can tell you all 3 pedals boxes are different and will not easily swap between each chassis.

But the pedal boxes from the same year will be the same between auto and manual. What you can do is just swap th epedals without removing the pedal box, which in my opinion is a much easier task than swapping the entire pedal box.

You will need the clutch and brake pedals, the return springs (and a couple plastic isolators that sit in the receiver slots for the spings.), the clutch adjustment snubber, the clutch pivot bolt, washers, and clevis pin. You can re-use the brake pedal pivot bolt and pivot pin.

You could get away with a '73 and newer pedal set, from what I have seen in comparing pedals. The '71 clutch pedal was different, enough so, that they can't be directly swapped. I'm not sure what the '72 pedals look like.

I myself have recently swapped pedal boxes due to Booster change. And you can use a 71 manual clutch pedal in all 3 pedal boxes, not sure on the U.S spec cars but my parts car was a 71, also had pedals and pedal box from my 73 240z and also 77 260z. Although the later pedals had more of a curve they fit into the boxes.

A manual brake pedal can also be used as a clutch pedal and a auto brake pedal can be made to work with some heat and trimming of the foot pad metal.

There is indeed 3 different pedal boxes that correspond with each booster size and correct one must be used as the firewall pattern and space between brake booster and clutch master is different.

So st_mok as six shooter mentioned. Keep your pedal box along with the bushings springs etc and just get the pedals

You can see a lot of people with Zeds who can do the most intricate work on these vehicles until it comes to the pedal box. My 180B was an auto and when it came to a conversion i fitted a clutch pedal and cut down the brake pedal to suit. I have a 200B pedal box that i'm going to try to fit up.

Wish me luck!

• 6 years later...

Hi guys just rehashing this topic as I’m keen to do a swap on my 75 2+2...

does anyone have an auto or manual 260 pedal box? Finding it hard to track down.

Ive tracked down an mq patrol box (right side) and am trying to match it up to the great pictures in the big gbox swap tutorial found on this site. Can’t tell if it might fit or not!?

Relatively novice mechanic so any help appreciated! :)

Cheers

Alex

4007A122-5F2E-4A76-A2D7-89BEB15BE7D0.jpeg