WTB Old Shogun Mountain Bike!

Zedman240®

• Moderators

I know it's not even remotely close to zed related, but I'm looking for any old Shogun brand mountain bikes from the late 80's & early 90's in particular a model "Prairie Breaker Pro / and or "Team Issue". It had a red/black/white/chrome paint scheme with a "U" brake on the rear wheel behind the cranks. I have a pic below of a similar model to give you an idea...even that model I'd be very interested in! Please let me know if you have similar; you can have some cash or a few nice zed parts!  ;)

post-801-144023631905_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

One of those things that I can't explain...years ago my first after school job was being a bicycle mechanic! The shop was in Malvern and I remember one of the top of the line mountain bikes was this one. In it's day it was retailing for around $1200 and I wanted one badly but never got a chance...so next best thing is to chase one up when who knows, most of them have been scrapped by now! I found a close one nearby at a bike recycling shop that sell second hand bikes (for only $50) but its a slightly later model. You never know what turns up..

One of those things that I can't explain...years ago my first after school job was being a bicycle mechanic! The shop was in Malvern and I remember one of the top of the line mountain bikes was this one. In it's day it was retailing for around $1200 and I wanted one badly but never got a chance...so next best thing is to chase one up when who knows, most of them have been scrapped by now!

I know where you are coming from, I was trying to get for my kids a mongoose motomag bmx (80's mongoose with tuffs etc) because I always wanted one as a kid, until I saw that they are getting over $1000 on ebay for ones that need a bit of work

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Sorry to bring up an older thread of mine that has flat lined, but today I went into a bike shop that deals with alot of second hand bikes and this is what someone has traded in..I asked but its not for sale....yet!

If you have seen any with the same Shogun lettering font as this one and same style, please let me know....

post-801-144023689643_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Well, its been almost a year, but I'm one step closer to finishing the collection. Found at a metal recycler, I came across the second from the top model of Shogun MTB I'm after. Bought for the huge sum of $15, its a little weathered but very salvagable. Just by chance I was in the area and thought just to drop in and it took me by suprise!

Just still looking for that top of the line model...with the red/black/white/chrome scheme...

post-801-144023713321_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Thanks Mark, already spoke to the guy selling it, as he gave me a call just before he listed it to see if I was interested.. It's a tad late for me model wise but it does have the rare Araya RX7 rims on it. If I was local I'd have a look but its about 3000 kays away!

• 8 years later...
  • 11 months later...