CH registration - Victoria

jamo240

Hi Guys

Can anyone fill me in on CH registration for my 240Z. I heard that the law has changed, and you can now drive the car 90 days a year, provided you keep a log book. That's heaps for me, so happy to move away from the expense of normal rego. Anyone got a view about this, and knowledge on how to get CH rego?

Cheers

Jamo

does NDSOC approve cars with there scrutineers??

They have safety inspections twice yearly, moderate mods are acceptable.

RB, SR, FJ etc conversions need an engineers.

As do brake and suspension upgrades, ei R32, Hilux brake upgrade, coilovers.

Triples are acceptable as they were a period correct performance/factory upgrade.

Guys

The NDSOC can issue Club permit plates for lightly modified cars however major mods to brakes and suspension must have an RWC and /or engineers report

Vic Roads are tightening up the rules on modifications, mods currently acceptable for Zeds as foillows:

Engines must be of the same family (eg L series swaps are fine.......Rb's etc must have engineers report and RWC )

Brakes..........RWC as a minimum and engineers report if major  (master cylinder swaps, vented discs etc need engineers report and RWC)

Triples carbs are acceptable however they must meet basicemmision requiremenst for the period (no venting crank case or rocker cover to atmosphere)

If you have any queries PM me with the list of mods and I will advise if they are acceptable under the scheme

Alan Fildes

Permit Plate Secretary

NDSOC

Thanks Alan

Looks like I fall into the engineers cert category...does the NDSOC have one they prefer to deal with on Z's?

Cheers

Jamo

Hi Jamo

No sorry but we have not had get engineers certs for any Permit plated cars as most are standrad or lightly modified and acceptable within the guidelines

As such I cannot recommend an engineer

Alan

• 10 years later...

The big change(in my opinion) which has ruined the scheme was the change allowing for "non-financial" members to be able to get club permits. This has meant a bunch of internet forums/facebook car clubs have sprung up where they issue club permits to anyone who has a valid RWC.

I get the old world car club model is a bit stuffy for some but it at least controlled numbers of cars getting permits and encouraged prospective club permit owners to share their hobby with like minded people.