A Zed is Reborn - MaygZ Folly

MaygZ

• 6 months later...

I'm going to paint all the bits that can't be seen - the inside, the underside, etc

People I've spoken to so far have the recipe for acrylic paints, but not 2 pack.  One of the retailers, to be helpful, even sent a request through to the manufacturer but it seems that it is a lot of work for the first (and probably the last0 enquiry about that colour they've had.

• 1 month later...

As you may have read, I've moved house again.  This will be my girl's third home, so I wanted it to be extra nice for her.

A new shed has been build for her.  16 x 7.5 x 4m.  In a couple of weeks the concrete will have cured enough for a 2 pac coating - probably a light grey to reflect light better.  I still have to run the power (single and 3 phase), put the solar on the roof, put in some LED lights and she will ready to go.  I'm hoping it will all be finished by the end of April and then I can really get some progress on my girl.

880342696_IMAG03361.thumb.jpg.fef1bccf2701b7232c7fbb0994ba16d9.jpg

• Administrators

Can I ask what it costs to build such a shed? I'm looking at potentially building similar in future and just wondering what costs are like? Feel free to PM me if preferred?

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, gav240z said:

Can I ask what it costs to build such a shed? I'm looking at potentially building similar in future and just wondering what costs are like? Feel free to PM me if preferred?

PM'd

I bought this shed through Bendigo Garages.  I can't pump up their tyres enough.  They were great.  They gave me some great advice that saved me thousands of dollars - I initially wanted it 8m deep and they told me that if I go over 7.5 then all the roofing needs to go up a rating and it would cost about $12K for that extra room.  This money then went into extending for a further bay instead (which I think is a much better plan).  They took care of every stage from council permits (because it was now over 100m2, building permits, concreter and the erection crew (stop giggling Luvemfast) had the whole thing up in 5 days and left the site cleaner than they found it.

If anyone in Vic is interested in a new shed I recommend them.  If you are outside Vic they can probably still do it or recommend a local they know.

www.bendigogarages.com.au

I hope this link works - if not just cut and paste it into a browser.

• 3 months later...

The local IGA has replaced most of their shelving and a polite request from a great bloke got some free shelving.  :)

I'm running 3 phase power to the shed and the boss wants to put solar on the roof.  I need 16mm 4+e cabling to run from the old coach house to the shed (about 70m) and this cable is a bit over $1k.  Then there is the HD conduit and digging the trench; so that is going to have to wait for a little while.  :(

I ended up painting the floor myself.  It went well until the clear coat.  I left the two colour coats for a week and they got a fair bit of airborne dust on them.  I gave them a good sweep, but I should have washed them.  The clear coat has sort of gathered the dust so some roller marks and the like can be seen.  Oh well, it's a shed floor. 

Of course the IGA shelving is not the only shelving I've build in the last month.  ;D ::)

Over the next month I will be cleaning up things from the Coach House and moving them down to the new shed.  THEN I can get into the car again.

IMAG0351[1].jpg

20190602_155157[1].jpg

20190602_155219[1].jpg

20190602_155224[1].jpg

• 1 year later...