• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after a few more additions this is the Christmas 2020 COVID version.LOL.  New engine is going great after final dyno tune. Wiper upgrade done with new wipers as well. New koni yellow adj shocks a

Well jumped in the deep end today. Unable to do much work on cars now so upgrading to a modern Z.

Well the old bus has a new heart. A mild L28 built by JWM and tuned by BTT.  Goes like its stolen but very tight atm. Only 200k on it so far. Doing my best to run it in properly.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, PeterAllen said:

Hope to see them in the paint next April and you and Roslyn in the flesh. Planning our now annual autumn touring holiday for SE Queensland in 2020.

You are on Mate. Will you be in the GTO

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 2:41 PM, peter t said:

A couple more teasers.

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1277.MOV

Looking fantastic Peter. Love how it sits. 

Your running kdrs-09 and kdfl-04 springs, with the shorter strut tophat / insulator on the rear, correct? 

Cheers,

Rob 

P. S. Yea, you can't beat a cable. I'm using them on my HS6's, so smooth. 

2 hours ago, AndBir said:

Hi Peter,

I am interested in how you made/attached your heat shield for the carbs - any tips you can pass on would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew.

I'm interested in how Peter solved this problem also. But I'll share my solution. 

The heat shielding looks very similar to what I used when I had triples . ACL Heat Shield. 

http://www.autoxcel.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=140

I made use of the existing holes in the webers to basically suspend mine below the carbs. I used threaded rod, worked a treat. Refer to the attached picture. Had it fixed at 3 points. 

Hope this is of some help. 

Screenshot_20200825-202723_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RAP260
On 8/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, RAP260 said:

I'm interested in how Peter solved this problem also. But I'll share my solution. 

The heat shielding looks very similar to what I used when I had triples . ACL Heat Shield. 

http://www.autoxcel.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=140

I made use of the existing holes in the webers to basically suspend mine below the carbs. I used threaded rod, worked a treat. Refer to the attached picture. Had it fixed at 3 points. 

Hope this is of some help. 

Screenshot_20200825-202723_Gallery.jpg

yep I used three modified brackets that are for Air pods bolted to heat shield and then bolted to manifold studs.

IMG_2360_LI.jpg

Edited by peter t
  • 4 months later...

Well after a few more additions this is the Christmas 2020 COVID version.LOL.  New engine is going great after final dyno tune. Wiper upgrade done with new wipers as well. New koni yellow adj shocks all round and Standard King springs installed. I got sick of it hitting down all the time. ( getting old) Lets all hope for a better 2021 but I think its just a case of getting used to the new world of COVID shit. I am looking at getting valves inserted in my lungs in the new year so I can breath a bit better so I hope that works. Meanwhile here is the 12/20 version of my Bus.

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

Hi Gav using heat shield from Supacheap. Air box from "Bits of Italy" but should be bits of crap. Had to do lots of work to line backing plate up  with carbies then modify fibreglass box to fit and the supplied gasket is crap. Cost a fortune and not worth half the price considering all the work I had to do to make it fit.

Edited by peter t
  • Administrators
On 12/30/2020 at 3:05 PM, peter t said:

Hi Gav using heat shield from Supacheap. Air box from "Bits of Italy" but should be bits of crap. Had to do lots of work to line backing plate up  with carbies then modify fibreglass box to fit and the supplied gasket is crap. Cost a fortune and not worth half the price considering all the work I had to do to make it fit.

Shame, I thought with a lick of Chevy orange paint it may look ok.

I think I'll go for the Airbox that Alan ran on his 240zg and patined orange.

Just gotta wait and see how this heat shield fits.