Mighty Mick

bluerat

Well after arriving at the Hillclimb in light drizzle never thought id get a my best time for the hill After driving there with 2 wheels in back and the other 2 on passenger seat I nearly didn't bother putting good rubber on in the wet so glad I did

By 3rd run it was starting to dry out was happy to run in top 2 to 3in the wet and dry all day People that watch the numbers were shocked to see me matching it with Eddie Maguires Mt bulla winning Evo (and quickest car at the hillclimb) off the line to the first split So must say the new springs work for launching car feels twitchy compared to old springs but is working much better

Thanks for pic hodgo

Mick

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well nearly ready for powercruise  next weekend and 2 hillclimbs next month Built a new set of 1"7/8 4 into one extractors and had them ceramic coated New 243 heads fitted should lift compression from 10 to 1 to 11 to 1 New typhoon manifold fitted and 92 mm throttle body seems to go a lot harder with these mods Will check hp figures on dyno at powercruise

Was thinking grill looked to big so I made a zed badge to fill the gap

post-112-144023777243_thumb.jpg

post-112-144023777251_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

With new heads manifold and throttle body got car re tuned and managed a 400.4 hp at wheels with 70hp shot of nitrous got it up to 438 hp was very happy with this result my search for power is over having broke 400 hp barrier

Took car to powercruise running real well till last drag practice when I broke and cv shaft Im blaming local cv workshop as when I asked him to cut a new circlip slot in to allow cv race to move up shaft to shorten it little bit more which he said he did When I pull it apart he took circlip off and welded 3 spot welds at end of spline can see where crack starts on one of the welds Guess heated treated shaft don't like welding even I knew that not happy

Now anyone out there should know how rare these z31 axles are becoming

I Read a thread that Nissan pathfinder shafts have same spline so I bought couple and yes shaft has same spline so I can use z31 cv joints on shaft Joints look fine no signs of wear or abuse But shafts are 40mm short so Im thinking this is a positive as well might need a spacer but can now set shaft up with some movement not tight like it is with the z31 shafts

Ill let u know how it fits up

Mick

• 3 weeks later...