They look really nice, price is pretty reasonable too. Clearance may be the only issue around the strut tower when running sock filters. 

I used to run a sock filter minus the internal spring for intake 3, this would occasionally get sucked down into the trumpets.

What’s the disadvantage with running a total length a few inches shorter for filter clearance? Or can they do filter backing plates, one that mounts to the back of the trumpet bell mouth, and the second that will allow you to sanwhich a custom uni filter on the end?

On 4/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Riceburner said:

They look really nice, price is pretty reasonable too. Clearance may be the only issue around the strut tower when running sock filters. 

I used to run a sock filter minus the internal spring for intake 3, this would occasionally get sucked down into the trumpets.

What’s the disadvantage with running a total length a few inches shorter for filter clearance? Or can they do filter backing plates, one that mounts to the back of the trumpet bell mouth, and the second that will allow you to sanwhich a custom uni filter on the end?

I think Whitley Tune have something in development that will work with the strut tower regarding filtration.

Running a shorter intake would be out of sync with the intake air harmonics for my engine specs.  Probably wouldn’t have a sweet spot.  If I have to drive around without filters I will haha

Dyno day!

Round tops are back on.  Its off to visit the same dynometer I ran back in 2017 for a complete comparison.  The car made 170rwhp then.  I hope the fixed exhaust, programmable ignition and tuned carbs will make an increase.  If I go backwards I will be a sad panda.

Results TBA....

I believe I may have some sneaky footage from the dyno room operators who were there.

They said you were not happy that you only made 10 mode rear wheel HP after all that work.

So, stock 4 screw round tops can support at least 201.6rwhp.  There may be some debate over how the dyno calculates hp but there is a decent increase from the last dyno in hp and torque from essentially a tune to the fuel and ignition.  Tune is super rich which could be fixed with different needles like TF but I wanted to get a run in in case QLD requires a lock down to manage the pandemic.

I’m super chuffed.  When I set out to home build the L28 stroker motor all I wanted as 200RWHP with triple Webers.  I think I said that years ago in this build log in fact! To think I could achieve that with the standard carbs is amazing! I’ve attached the 2017 dyno sheet and the 2020 sheet.

I can now get back to the ITB EFI swap knowing that it is likely to only make more power!

79BEC7F4-2D83-4C43-B250-84773FCBB5CA.jpeg

2F281EF2-05F7-4615-A041-67A3E0E2FE93.jpeg

04F84713-F3CA-4174-8293-6F4481A12764.jpeg

Time for some Megasquirt ECU mods!

I had configured the MS1 V3 board for ignition only.  Some additional work and mods are needed to make it fully armed and operational for EFI.

In the process I broke a leg off one of the current resisting devices for the injector banks :o I will have to buy new ones from DIYautotune as they are hard to get with the hole to mount on the heatsink.  Thats really all that is left to complete on the ECU.

In summary I've added:

• second WBO2 sensor input
  • second Nissan optical trigger input
  • fan relay control
  • 2 wire IAC control
  • shifted the launch control input
  • 5V tach output

There isn't many standard configurable pins left in the DB37 harness now.....