Sold Mazda 1974 Rx4 Hardtop Coupe Project For Sale Sold

RBZ 260

SOLD back in 2009

(believe it or not still get 1-2 sms per month asking if available 8 years later)

Yeah i know its a mazda adverstised on z forum.I  know few members here fancy the old mazda and rotary so if u know someone that may be looking for one of these point them into right direction.

(did PM Gavin about permission to do this and was granted)

ok so FOR SALE is my unstarted Project car that i had in possesion for few years and collected few parts along the way details bellow:

The Car:

1974 Mazda RX-4 Hardtop (coupe) 2door
L23S chassis which means it had a 13B rotary engine from factory.
Last of the "good looking 13B" powered Rx4.
original colour is yellow

The Parts:
Car is currently fitted with 4cyl auto which starts and runs.
in the package there is a Series 5 13B turbo rotary with 5spd gearbox loom sensors etc....
manual conversion pedal box with master cylinder and hoses/lines.
all chrome strips that were missing or damaged on the car.
Badges and moulds.
center console, dash facia, overhead console, rear parcel shelf all in good condition for replacement of the current ones in the car.
set of 4 13" original wheel trims (hubcaps)
front timing cover for 13B to make fitment of the 13bt easy. bolt up job.
spare dash in good condition.
owners manual and complete service manual all MAZDA print.

The Condition:

the car has rust in typical Mazda spots. which are

around the back window
bonnet/boot (replacement boot supplied)
spots on seal panel
little bit on rear 1/4
driver side roof gutter
and few spots in front of the doors.

Chasis,floor, fire wall ,radiator support etc... no visible rust what so ever. still original paint under the car.

also has the original rotary shapped key

the car was last registered in VIC and i did a vic check before i bought the car and was all in clear.

the car is located in Adelaide at the moment.

price $3900 ono for everything.  thats what i paid for it all.

need space and current time and workload,limits me to actualy start and finish this car. will be sad to see it go. not desperate to sell and i think the price is fairly reasonable if not a bargain.

a real RX4 hardtop is hard to find. be weary of the 929 clones as rx4 for bargain price. 

PM or contact me anytime on  (number deleted)

post-205-144023521722_thumb.jpg

post-205-14402352173_thumb.jpg

post-205-144023521735_thumb.jpg

post-205-14402352174_thumb.jpg

Edited by RBZ 260

OMG...... Look at that steering wheel its disgusting! (sorry i tried to stop myself)

Good price, shouldn't have a problem selling at that price.. a die hard rota head will pick this up quick.

LOL @ steering wheel comment. yeah i dont like it either so i pop on a 2 spoke sporty steeringwheel from mazda 323 s pak. but that is the original steering wheel.

apperenlty mazda wanted the Cesna aeroplane look in the car  ::) yeah other than steering wheel the dash is cool

yeah its not advertised anywhere else. just word of mouth for the time being as im not in hurry.

someone is comming to have a look at it on weekend just someone i know thats in rotaries. didnt think he be interested but yeah.

yeah i know what u saying ol_skl_jp. thats how i was before i got it and its so hard for me to see it go.

thanks guys for the heads up

Hi Nato cheers for the offer, hope you were serious  ;). we may have to talk details about it cause got me thinking again....

it wouldnt be for long maybe few months. lets say 2-4 months just so i can get rid of the bmw than i should be ok to bring it back.

i realy want to pick that mustang up before he changes his mind.

Hahaha... Mine's similar except it would be my mum!   :P

Can't wait to get my own place!

my mums place is the storage place  ;D... it looks like a mini barn find  :P  also my granny i got a parts car there too. and need to bring one more car in hence mazda for sale. thought there is a s15 infront of mazda now and a bmw in the workshop. and dont feel like putting any of the cars in the open in the backyard.

post-205-144023522276_thumb.jpg

post-205-144023522284_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

dash that has a small split otherwise ok. SOLD

gauge cluster SOLD

set of 4 original rotary RX hubcaps

center console with lid SOLD

overhead warning lamps and map light

dash cluster facia SOLD

steering coloumn plastic

some badges

some plastics and chrome strips

pointy nose bonnet chrome strip SOLD WITH THE CAR

complete 13B turbo engine out of S5 rx7 with loom ecu air flow oil cooler and 5spd transmission SOLD

stereo surround plastic with vents

A/C switch and light

owners manual

service manual

few other plastics and chrome strips

rear parcel shelf that has a crack but im going to try to resurect it. was in good condition but due to my storage got damaged.

not in a hurry for these things to sell but most prob will end up on ebay if funds are needed for the new toy.

Will see till the mustang arrives and see how much i need to spend for the goodies on that one. if not much i may keep these parts and try hunt down another RX4 at later date.

if ur mate wants something out of this lot let me know.

• 8 years later...