EOI LD28 cranks

• Administrators

Hi Folks,

I might be able to import a few. Guessing around $1,500 AUD landed.

Just checking to see if others are interested in obtaining 1? Freight makes more sense when importing a couple (say 3+).

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Clarky93 said:

I might keen on one, but what's the condition of them ?

Assume good, but may need some work such as straightening and polishing of the journals etc. like anything though they will be used so I can't make any guarantees about them.

• 3 months later...

I would spend extra dollars on the modded RB 30 crank, the diesel cranks are ok for low revving turbo(6500rpm) engines but let’s face it if you want N/A engine that is a torque monster and revs hard then no . 
just my 2 cents worth.

17 hours ago, jock said:

I would spend extra dollars on the modded RB 30 crank, the diesel cranks are ok for low revving turbo(6500rpm) engines but let’s face it if you want N/A engine that is a torque monster and revs hard then no . 
just my 2 cents worth.

I dont agree with that at all. There is only 1kg difference in weight between the L6 & LD crank.
The RB30 crank isn't great in high hp/rpm use either - lots of machining and welding is required to make it fit the L-Gata block and it can make it less durable over time & use.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:05 AM, gav240z said:

Hi Folks,

I might be able to import a few. Guessing around $1,500 AUD landed.

Just checking to see if others are interested in obtaining 1? Freight makes more sense when importing a couple (say 3+).

need to do a little homework on build specs but could be keen

• Administrators

I have a friend in NZ I keep finding cranks but they are 6 hours or more drive away from him. Bit of a pain.

Also I'm finding sellers unwilling to separate engines and cranks these days. Makes it a bit of a challenge to buy a few in bulk.

• Administrators
On 11/23/2022 at 4:51 PM, Oliphips said:

Is it correct you need l24 rods for this set up?

These days aftermarket rods may be best. By the time you prep factory rods the price is pretty similar to proper rods. I believe Kameari sells suitable rods for example but I hear max speeding rods is another option.

25 odd years back it was all about the LD28 + L14 (136mm) and Honda XL500 pistons combo. As a budget stroker.

L14 rods are as rare as hens teeth now however...

On 11/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, gav240z said:

These days aftermarket rods may be best. By the time you prep factory rods the price is pretty similar to proper rods. I believe Kameari sells suitable rods for example but I hear max speeding rods is another option.

25 odd years back it was all about the LD28 + L14 (136mm) and Honda XL500 pistons combo. As a budget stroker.

L14 rods are as rare as hens teeth now however...

thanks for the info Gav

On 11/21/2022 at 8:08 AM, C.A.R. said:

I dont agree with that at all. There is only 1kg difference in weight between the L6 & LD crank.
The RB30 crank isn't great in high hp/rpm use either - lots of machining and welding is required to make it fit the L-Gata block and it can make it less durable over time & use.

I’ve built a few! But serious if you want to stroke a motor and rev the thing hard go with a billet unit good rods and pistons the list goes on and on 20-30k. Why half build something only for bragging rights, it’s money better spent on chassis and suspension mods both of which Zeds are wanting.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

I recently acquired an LD28, shipping to Australia was reasonable. (I'm an idiot for selling my last 1 a few years ago). haha.

I can probably get more. And for less than the $1,500 USD I've seen sellers asking.

I cannot guarantee condition, given they are second hand used cranks.

If folks are chasing 1, let me know?