Brake Calipers

piquet

• Administrators

You can find these in Japan.

If you sign up to Rinkya, you can use my affiliate link (to give me some credit) haha.

https://www.rinkya.com/en/signup/basic?referrer=23764

MK63 listings here:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/front/search/0?query=MK63

• 1 month later...

On the advice of Gav240Z I post this as a warning on scams coming through this forum.

As you can see from my first post I was looking to purchase a set of MK63 Sumitomo brake calipers. 

a couple of days after my post I received an unsolicited email from a person named "Seitzxvx" purporting to be a member of this forum suggesting that I contact a person on the email dtatumz@outlook.com as he had some calipers for sale.

Talking to Gavin earlier today it would appear that the people involved have either no posts to the forum, or have only one post to the forum. Their IP addresses are based in the United States,. Los Angeles in particular not Queensland as I was led to believe. So there is every chance that Seitzxvx was just lurking in the background waiting for some unsuspecting person like me to come along and be the victim of a scam.

I duly contacted the third person and it was confirmed that he had some calipers for sale. I transferred payment and it would seem that the whole thing was an elaborate set up from the start. We paid him by Paypal, which wanted to convert $Aud to $US, it went through and then the payment was refunded for some reason. I asked my daughter to resend the payment only to find the the payment wouldn't go through the second time, so I elected to do the payment by International bank transfer. My stupidity. I probably should have twigged when Paypal wanted to convert the payment to $US.

So please be warned that there are some scumbags out there using legitimate forums and the like to fleece the unwary.

So this is the guy that was the recipient of the payment

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100075052544384

I will report this to both my bank and to Scamwatch but I doubt that I will ever see either the brake calipers or my $$$ back

Be warned

Edited by piquet

Hey Piquet, sorry to hear about that.

Any particular reason you need to run MK63 calipers? (homologation for racing etc) . If MK63s aren't a necessity you can pick up brand new reproduction early hilux calipers which are 4 pot that are a straight bolt on to standard disks which give a bigger pad area than the factory 2 pots.

I have these fitted to my 2+2 and they work great even with the stock MC. I just had to bend the stock hard brake lines to suit the new calipers and trim the backing plates with some tin snips to get them to fit.

Edited by krizza

• Administrators

He needs them for historic racing and they must be the originals with Sumitomo cast into the caliper itself to pass scrutineering.

• 1 month later...

I have purchased a pair of MK 63 calipers through a site in Japan. They will need a rebuild but I got a set. For info there is a pair of brand new in the wrapper and original box set of MK 63 calipers for sale in Japan. Opening bid is Y200,000 a bit over $2300 so they are around and available. I have been bidding on about 4 different sets They all seem to go for about 700-900 a set.

So if these don't fit under the 13" rims I am required to use they will come up for sale.

so watch this space

• 3 weeks later...