Replacing brake line insulators

I want to replace these insulators but they must have been fitted prior to the pipes being flared?

When I remove the clamps they become distorted and are tricky to retain the correct shape then the old insulators have to be cut off.

Any suggestions as how to go about this as I may be over thinking the whole process.

Nick

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 5.23.27 pm.png

4 hours ago, NickF said:

I want to replace these insulators but they must have been fitted prior to the pipes being flared?
Correct.

When I remove the clamps they become distorted and are tricky to retain the correct shape then the old insulators have to be cut off.
Correct. But only open them up enough to slip them off the insulators. They are easy enough to close over the insulators when you reassemble them.

Any suggestions as how to go about this as I may be over thinking the whole process.
You are over thinking it.

Thanks 

Going to try printing some, the original on car are quite hard but the new ones will have to be flexible and split so can get  on pipe

I have printed them in TPU - a flexible filament that is oil resistant. PM me if you are interested in buying some. 

IMG_20220513_144434149.jpg