Rear drum handbrake dust cover/grommets

I have just bought some new shoes and brake cylinders for my 77 2+2, along with machining the drums, but cannot find a supplier of the squarish dust grommet where the handbrake lever passes through the backing plate. Does anyone know where to get them?

cheers, Datman

6E7FF677-0EF3-4DCB-9AAD-CFE41D0BE5F2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Black dragon is no more. Found some at the z store. Postage was horrendous and two arrived in an envelope a couple of weeks ago but at $60 each!,!

i don't think 3D printers can use rubber??

have reassembled it all but adjusting the handbrake through the backing plate slot is a nightmare so I have posted a new thread to ask for help here. 

Mickl

23 hours ago, Mickl said:

Black dragon is no more. Found some at the z store. Postage was horrendous and two arrived in an envelope a couple of weeks ago but at $60 each!,!

i don't think 3D printers can use rubber??

have reassembled it all but adjusting the handbrake through the backing plate slot is a nightmare so I have posted a new thread to ask for help here. 

Mickl

Micki,

3d printers can print TPU or TPE-U, flexible filaments. There are various hardness' available. It gives a consistency similar to rubber. The material is oil/grease resistant. 

I have printed the fuel line / brake line rubber mounts using this material. 

If I can get some good photos with key dimensions I can model it up and print a sample. 

Scott's, happy to mail you one of the old ones which you might be able to copy. I hope I never want another one now but there could be guys out there who might have a rear brake job coming up. They are for a 1977 model on and earlier models have an elongated rubber seal, which is quite different. USA sites refer to them as for 280z

send me your address if you want to try. Mickl