Andy from Melbourne 2+2 resto

I've had this car for about 25 years and 11 years ago stripped it down with intentions to launch into the resto but got sidetracked only now to be getting back into it. I did have a profile on here which I've lost the password for DatsunZebedi. Was good to see the old posts.

I've done a bit of panel beating in days gone by which is helping me fix the rust. For a Z there's not alot of rust in this one and I've nearly finished the worst lot which was through the right hand sill and inner sill under the lower quarter panel area. 

From there all the body repairs are fairly simple- or so I hope.

After a priming the repairs I may actually repaint but the next step will be new rubbers, need dash repaired, door cards mended, then will get into the mechanical tidying up. 

Hopefully will be done by this time next year.

Will be doing as much work as possible on it myself.

zebedizedder1.jpg

Edited by RunawaySloth
typos

Yeah the starting point isn't too bad. Because I've had it garaged the whole time the rust hadn't spread much if at all. 

It's good to finally be getting into the resto. Will take alot of time and patience. Body, interior, mechanicals, in that order I think! :)

Edited by RunawaySloth

The only mods I'm seriously thinking of are popping in a 5 speed box... and an upgraded stereo. She's the only Z I've driven, never driven a manual version. Once she gets up there she's alright, just getting up there is the issue. Not quite as crisp off the line as one might expect from a fairly sporty looking car :)
Apparently a manual box can remedy that.

Have this 5 speed for a possible auto to manual conversion. All the parts I need- master and slave cyl, flywheel, clutch/pressure plate all seem to be available new, mostly as aftermarket parts. The clutch pedal is the main thing I'll have to figure out. Get some lines made up. There'll be plently of unforseen hiccups no doubt.
The body is coming along slowly but surely. Almost finished the right hand sill repair- replacing most of it. The left one is in pretty good shape and fortunately won't require such drastic action.

265285997_3074801836128984_2925961148041353363_n.jpg

264145225_613051423257810_3159428694789474507_n.jpg

Edited by RunawaySloth

12 hours ago, C.A.R. said:

You actually need a clutch AND brake pedal.

Yeah I know! Saw you sold a pair fairly recently. Apparently the auto brake pedal is wider due to the extra room? Don't have another pair lying about do you? :D Or any leads?
If I get completely stuck I'll cobble something up.

Edited by RunawaySloth

11 hours ago, RunawaySloth said:

Yeah I know! Saw you sold a pair fairly recently. Apparently the auto brake pedal is wider due to the extra room? Don't have another pair lying about do you? :D Or any leads?
If I get completely stuck I'll cobble something up.

PM Sent.