Wanting to buy a 280zx

Reearooni

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, Reearooni said:

Looking to buy a 280zx (auto or manual) in either Queensland or South Australia. Preference for a registered/roadworthied car but it isn't required so long as it is driveable for transport purposes. 

Good afternoon,  

Hope you are having a glorious day.

Sadly, I shall be putting my 1982 Datsun 280ZX up for sale in about two weeks.  life has thrown my family and I a bit of a curve ball and we need to adapt.  So..... looks like my friend needs to go.  

I am not sure how to upload photos to this site, but if you'd like I can email some to you.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope to speak with you soon.

Oh yes.  My 280ZX is located in Brisbane.

It is an unmolested car with just over 140,000 on the clock.  Not modified except for a CD player which was put in by the original owner in the 90's.

1982 Datsun 280ZX White  Automatic  T-Bar roof  Red on red Interior.  It is in gorgeous condition and looks good.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, DOC said:

Good afternoon,  

Hope you are having a glorious day.

Sadly, I shall be putting my 1982 Datsun 280ZX up for sale in about two weeks.  life has thrown my family and I a bit of a curve ball and we need to adapt.  So..... looks like my friend needs to go.  

I am not sure how to upload photos to this site, but if you'd like I can email some to you.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope to speak with you soon.

Oh yes.  My 280ZX is located in Brisbane.

It is an unmolested car with just over 140,000 on the clock.  Not modified except for a CD player which was put in by the original owner in the 90's.

1982 Datsun 280ZX White  Automatic  T-Bar roof  Red on red Interior.  It is in gorgeous condition and looks good.

Did you just buy this car at Lloyds? It seems to match the description.

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=25651&lid=3113596&pgn=6&pgs=15&altype=1

Good morning GAV240Z,

Hope you are well and enjoying a wonderful start to your day.

Thank you for your message/reply.  Yes - you are correct.  I bought the 280ZX with the full intention of keeping it and enjoying it.  However, my family has just been thrown a huge curve ball and now it's time to offload a few of my "toys", as my wife would say.  Although I am sadly reluctant to do so, my family does come first.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to drop me a message.   vetsandanimals@hotmail.com 

Enjoy and Stay Safe.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DOC said:

Good morning GAV240Z,

Hope you are well and enjoying a wonderful start to your day.

Thank you for your message/reply.  Yes - you are correct.  I bought the 280ZX with the full intention of keeping it and enjoying it.  However, my family has just been thrown a huge curve ball and now it's time to offload a few of my "toys", as my wife would say.  Although I am sadly reluctant to do so, my family does come first.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to drop me a message.   vetsandanimals@hotmail.com 

Enjoy and Stay Safe.

What are you asking for it? I have a friend that might be keen?

Good morning AndBir,

Thanks for your comment.  

I am not here to "flip" the car.  The car was not bought to "flip".  As my circumstances have changed, I need to make adjustments.  Sadly, I shall also be parting with a 1938 BMW R71 in the coming weeks also.  This is not a situation I or my family wanted to be in.

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, DOC said:

I am not here to "flip" the car.  The car was not bought to "flip".  As my circumstances have changed, I need to make adjustments

OK, you will find on this site that members make donations to keep the site running when they use the forum to successfully sell items. I hope you will offer to do this?

The donation link is on the home page of the site should you sell through the forum.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DOC said:

Good morning GAV240Z,

Thank you for the message.

What do you or your friend feel would be a fair price?  The photos don't lie by any means and it is indeed a lovely little car.  If you can call a 280ZX little.

Cheers

Probably close what you paid for it at auction? Since that is what the market has dictated is the value?

I believe it went to $17,500 and buyers premium is 7.5% (including GST). So what's that $18,812.5? + Freight to Queensland? Maybe $1,000 on top? So around about $20k?

But I hear you're asking closer to $30k? Sounds like your circumstances change often. :)

And full disclaimer, I have no problem with people trying to flip cars.

What I do have a problem with is people doing so under false pretences and using a community forum like this which costs money to run each month as their platform for doing it. As no doubt you'll be in and out like a flash in the pan, having just enriched your own pocket.

Just be transparent that you're flipping it. 

2 hours ago, DOC said:

feel would be a fair price?

As mentioned, auctions give the only transparent pricing information as cars listed as for sale usually sell for a discount to the asking/listed price.

Given a much nicer (?close to concourse - but with a leaky diff?) 280zx was recently sold at a Shannons auction for $28,500 then I expect the less desirable red on red / white 280zx may be worth around $21,500.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-summer-timed-online-auction/U9GB2EH5748BP634/

I had a BMW and a BSA of pretty much the same vintage (just post war). Both 250cc singles.

Side by side in the shed, and when riding them, I don't know how England won the war. BMW was at least 20 years ahead of the old pommy BSA in terms of design and manufacturing techniques.

R71 would be cool to own....

Edited by 1600dave

On 10/6/2021 at 5:45 AM, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

well he didn’t like that...

I doubt "his friend" will even end up in Brisbane as the 280zx was auctioned in Melbourne.

At least this whole debacle showed Reearooni what the "market" prices are vs those on Gumtree/Carsales listings.

Edited by AndBir

On 9/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, AndBir said:

As mentioned, auctions give the only transparent pricing information as cars listed as for sale usually sell for a discount to the asking/listed price.

Given a much nicer (?close to concourse - but with a leaky diff?) 280zx was recently sold at a Shannons auction for $28,500 then I expect the less desirable red on red / white 280zx may be worth around $21,500.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-summer-timed-online-auction/U9GB2EH5748BP634/

That's a sweet 280ZX AndBir.

A nice example for the money.

• 2 weeks later...