Zane’s Z build 260z 2+2

1 hour ago, gilltech said:

Is the parts car roof fairly good? I'd be hoping to swap the whole thing in, pillars and all. Rather that than dissecting both roofs and assembling a new one out of bits and pieces. :o 

Yea the whole roof is good but was worried about the integral strength of the shell if I do that

Best brace the shell well - triangulate - before going any further, you wouldn't want any deformation affecting the window and door opening dimensions or you may have no end of trouble come assembly time.

Edited by gilltech

What do you think of that POR15 rust treatment paint? Might be good to use on large areas of surface rust. Apparently it's really effective, people painting whole chassis in it, etc.
I'm making progress on my 2+2, doing the spare wheel well at the moment but it's just so bloody hot in Melbourne I'm waiting til later in the day to work.

5 hours ago, RunawaySloth said:

What do you think of that POR15 rust treatment paint? Might be good to use on large areas of surface rust. Apparently it's really effective, people painting whole chassis in it, etc.
I'm making progress on my 2+2, doing the spare wheel well at the moment but it's just so bloody hot in Melbourne I'm waiting til later in the day to work.

Don’t know never used it, heard good things though 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...