Jump to content

E30 head to suit Datsun L24 (WA)


Recommended Posts

E30? 
They have teeny, tiny ports and are normally on L20A's...
You've be better off with and E88e or an E88 with welded chambers.

BTW, that head it quite repairable - Les Colling Racing over here repairs them all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rayk said:

Chasing an E30 head to suit Datsun L24. Ideally in better condition than mine (pictured) located Perth, WA

head.JPG

I think I have 2 x E88 heads, unsure of condition. I won’t be using them so would be happy to sell.

 Also have you contacted Martin at tuneright? 

Ryan

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, C.A.F. said:

E30? 
They have teeny, tiny ports and are normally on L20A's...
You've be better off with and E88e or an E88 with welded chambers.

BTW, that head it quite repairable - Les Colling Racing over here repairs them all the time.

More commonly seen on 240Ks and C210s in Australia I think. Not planning to build the L24 for the car, so preference is to keep the engine stock.

The photo doesn't show the extent of the corrosion that is in the water jacket, I am getting it looked at by a repair shop today, but am guessing I will be better off with a cleaner start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

I think I have 2 x E88 heads, unsure of condition. I won’t be using them so would be happy to sell.

 Also have you contacted Martin at tuneright? 

Ryan

Hey mate,

                Any chance you could dig them out and get some photos and prices? will contact Martin.

Regards

Ray

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

I collected an E30 head a couple of years ago. Have to check I still have it in storage and its condition. I can't recall where it is, after my Sydney to Melbourne move.

If you get desperate I might be persuaded to part with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

I have since found an 05L head which is now bolted on and the engine is running. The original head was taken to a repair shop, and failed a pressure test due to previous repairs, so has been scrapped. Thanks for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Rayk said:

I have since found an 05L head which is now bolted on and the engine is running. The original head was taken to a repair shop, and failed a pressure test due to previous repairs, so has been scrapped. Thanks for the help.

Shame, I think it would be good to keep such heads to practice porting work on. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...