Wanted: Design for brake master cylinder brace

Hi folks,

I'm getting a bit of movement in my firewall under heavy braking and wanted to put a brace on the front of my master cylinder. Not helped by fact the firewall was chopped a bit for dual brake cylinder set up. I'm just running a single boosted master cylinder.

Has anyone made a brace or got photos of one?

I'm ok with bolting one in to engine bay behind or on the strut tower, or welding bracket in if needed. The car isn't that pretty. Advice or suggestions on reinforcing firewall not required, just a design for a brace.

Thanks.

Edited by GregTas

Yes something like that might work, but had thought bracing to strut tower might make it work better. I'm trying to come up with something that doesn't look too ugly..

I do wonder with that Apex design how well it would work with all that light weighting and how much it has reduced the stiffening.

Brake mastercylinder.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, Millerman said:

Did it change the pedal feeL at all?

Sorry missed you post. I haven't been on for a while.

Yes it did, but my firewall had some flex because it was is chopped out a bit behind the booster. It had twin m/cs on it before.