rFactor: Online racing

Toecutter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi mate, we just ran Ohio tonight, the schedule is out by one week. Here is the corrected schedule

Track schedule/Server Settings

Round 1 - Aug 06th - Cadwell Park - 2 x 12 lap races

Round 2 - Aug 13th - Eastern Creek - 2 x 10 lap races

Round 3 - Aug 20th - Mid Ohio with Chicane - 2 x 11 lap races

Round 4 - Aug 27th - Lakeside - 2 x 18 lap races

Round 5 - Sept 03rd - Brands Hatch GP - 2 x 11 lap races

Round 6 - Sept 10th - Hidden Valley - 2 x 15 lap races

Feel free to join in guys we would love to have as many z guys there as possible :)

next meet lakeside  8)

parctise 8.00pm

Qualify 9:00pm

Race 1 9:25 pm

Race 2 follows race 1

Hi Scott,

I'm just down as SULIO. Make sure in your settings re connection you have it set to INTERNET and not LAN. Also make sure your Firewall allows the game to connect to the net. I'm not very computer savy but managed to sort it out with a bit of help.

We'll call the game AUSZCAR and you might need to set rFactor to Hist GT series as Mick74 told me his did'nt like the ALL CARS ALL TRACKS SETTING when he tried to run a Historix game before.

If you can't find the game I'll post the IP adress we will host from later tonight on this thread then all you need to do is hit click on the small blue button near the sever list refrsh button and add the IP adress to find the game.

Should be set to go by 9:30pm.

Cheers,

Sulio

Unfortunately I cant start racing you guys just yet, I have to work the next 4 nights, but I would like to have it setup for next wednesdays race.

It connects to other games on the net, but when i input the IP in the search, it tells me it doesnt exist.  This is the 2 different IP configs i put in:  144.140.154.121:8767, 144.140.154.121, neither worked.

Also, with the Historix GT download, which folder do i send it to?  Just the RFactor folder or plugins etc?

Scott, The historX will install itself to your rfactor directory.

Guys if your going to run a few mods from the one rfactory directory make sure you keep the HistorX one as a standalone install Example: C/HistoricGT rFactor normally installs into C/Programs/rFactor

If you start putting a few mods over the HistoricGT rFactor then you will start to get mis-matches noline

Also to see the servers better goto your Userfolder Example: C:\HistoricGT\UserData\Glen73 in there you will find a File called "multiplayer". Open this with Notepad, then you will see this line about half way down the first Paragraph:

Concurrent Server Updates="400" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

Change the 400 to 1000, then this will display all the current servers in operation. Saves the whole refreshing 10,000 times to try and find one server.

The link you sent me was just .rar files, when extracting them, I had to choose a location to extract them to, I chose c:programfiles/rfactor/plugins and extracted them there, there was only 1x .exe file and that was the uninstall.  So you are saying i need to move these files to their own folder somewhere (ie, C:/HistoricGT ), or start again? 

Like i said I dont know much about computers :D, this is getting more and more difficult to run, but ill persivere for now :P

Hmmmm shouldnt be putting them in plugin folder.

Download the manual

http://files.filefront.com/HGTTC+Manual+v102+Englishrar/;11506181;/fileinfo.html

Read this it will give you instructions on how to install the mod.

BTW extract to desk top and then drag and drop to your rfactor directory, You should be asked to overwrite at some stage, if you arent getting asked to overwirtie your not doing it correctly.

That was good fun.

Time to start practising Lakeside track. Looking at the pre race chat forum on XGN the guys are getting 1.06 seconds in current practice laps. man that pretty quick. Best I could get to dat is 1:12. Car set up will obvioulsy help.

Maybe we shoudl pick a nite during the week for a practice night with a few of us on the track. Glen, I might have missed it but just for reference what is the IP address for the Lakeside Track?

Cheers,

Sulio

Ok, so I got it working.  For anyone ho comes along that wants to get into this and doesn't know much about it.

When you download the Historix Gt mod from; http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4260676/rfactor_Historic_GT__amp__Touring_Cars_1.01

when it finishes, you just have to extract the files straight to the c:/program/rfactor folder and then just start up rFactor and it will automatically work with Historix GT.

Thanks for the help Glen and Sulio

Hi Glen,

Lakeside track is great fun. Maybe have another practice session some time tommorrow arvo!? My best time to date in the GTA Alpha is 109.5 sec so still abit off the mark of 106 some of you guys are getting but practice will get me there!!  :)

Sulio

ok first time round when you installed and you put everything in the plugin folder did you take much out of the plugin folder? Did you do a fresh install of rfactor second time round?

There is simple solution that i can think of but it probably wont be simple for you. So what i recommend is to re-install rfactor light and then re-install the mod, if that doesnt work your computer is cursed :) and make sure you download and read the instructions that gives step by step on how to install the mod. The link is further back in this thread.

I would say straight off the top of my head your missing a DLL from your plugin folder.

If your feeling game my first solutuion is to install rfactor light to a different location and drag and copy all the contents from your plugin folder over to your old install

ok, ill have a look for it, thanks.  Yeah, my knowledge of computers is limited, but i should be able to manage it.  I also have recruited a friend from work, so hes downloading it all now.

Also, what class of cars should i be purchasing?  I have a GT40, but since people are only getting 106s, i think its its a bit fast for the correct class since im getting flat 1.00...