Reverse Light Switch

AndBir

Almost ready for a roadworthy but now it seems the reverse light switch's wiring has parted near the switch so cannot be repaired.

Anyone have a spare reverse light switch (screws into the gearbox) suitable for the 1974 manual 5 speed gearbox?

Genuine-Datsun-OEM-Backup-Light-Reverse-Switch-240Z-280Z-280ZX-1970-83-NEW

I bought one from Rockdale Nissan a few years ago.  Wasnt the original part number obviously, but was for a 200SX.

Same dimensions, just had to snip off the connectors on the switch and crimp on connectors to suit.

This was on my original A gearbox, which I then transferred over to the B gearbox I installed.  Works fine.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, gilltech said:

You can't repair yours with a careful solder job on to the terminals?

Tried that, but I think being very close to the switch it may have damaged it?

On 1/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, GTI-Z said:

Wasnt the original part number

There are some reproduction ones made by Niles on eBay so if all else fails will get one of these [but not in time for the roadworthy :-( ]

2 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

Have you asked Les? Just on the off chance.

Thanks Jeff, I did contact Les as I know he rebuilds gearboxes so thought he may have some old but still working ones laying around. He will see what he has got and I will drop by his place on my way to Melbourne on Wednesday.

Have also contacted Rob at the ZFactory.

Was hoping it would not be a major roadworthy requirement until I saw that ADR #1 is all about reversing lights and applies to all vehicles post 1972 :-(