Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 240z to restore and need tips to finding a dirt cheep car I can work on. I've seen people on here finding cars for $5,000+ and I was wondering where you find those deals because all I am finding are $30,000+.

Please help

• Administrators

Rule #1 as soon as a car is listed on the Internet to chances of getting it cheap are basically null and void.

If you want to find 1 cheap (and you can all but kiss $5k deals goodbye) you need to hit the bricks and start door knocking.

Maybe get to know your local Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormans. Ask them if they have seen any in people's driveways. Haha.

On the hunt for a 240z

So's everyone else... look at the number of '240Z wanted' ads on Gumtree for starters...

I've seen people on here finding cars for $5,000+

You have? Not recently I suspect... more like $10k for a rusty incomplete 'project car' these days. Asking prices have really jumped due to the rules of supply and demand.

Good luck. Be ready to move fast if you see one advertised.

PS. be wary of 'barn finds'. Often that means the hulk has been stored behind the barn, out in the weather, not inside it...

Edited by gilltech
3 hours ago, gilltech said:

So's everyone else... look at the number of '240Z wanted' ads on Gumtree for starters...

You have? Not recently I suspect... more like $10k for a rusty incomplete 'project car' these days. Asking prices have really jumped due to the rules of supply and demand.

Good luck. Be ready to move fast if you see one advertised.

PS. be wary of 'barn finds'. Often that means the hulk has been stored behind the barn, out in the weather, not inside it...

More likely the barn has collapsed on it !