Could this be the start........

NickF

Sound advice

i'm sure not to everyones taste but am trying to replicate 50 year old car without the rust 

So plan on using original unrestored parts and only use new when have no choice ie hoses ,bonnet, rubbers and mechanical components

Just a pity that I have so many little bits to get and the hoses are so expensive!!!!!

Nick

2 hours ago, Millerman said:

I bought a whole nolathane bush kit for complete car recently. Looks great and is black too instead of usual red!

Hi

Where did you get the kit from Nolathane said nothing available for 240Z

Thanks

Nick

• 4 months later...

A few bits sorted over last couple of months

Rebuilt drivers side hinges, repaired top of screen surround drivers side, cut out rust and repaired both doors 

Removed a 2.0lt bucket of body filler from doors and removed most of the dents, used a shrinking disc on high spots works pretty well

welded up holes that had been left from slide hammer.

My welding is pretty ugly but seem to be solid think I might try .06mm easier on thin metal???

IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3533.jpeg

IMG_3534.jpeg

Edited by NickF

• 1 year later...

Its been a long time but thanks to the help and generosity of Lochy at C.A.R I've finished the rear valance and rear 1/4 repairs.

Lochy fabricated the valance and supplied the trim clips. Without the clips I couldn't moved forward as I couldn't position the trim.

The job would have been so much easier if I had a car to reference as photos are not really good enough, getting gaps right and shaping

the rear 1/4s was tedious.

Now that the rear is in primer I am torn between keeping the car original 905 red or going for a grey not metallic  (very popular at the moment)????

Plan to move on to  repairing floor pans (Keep as much original material as possible)

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4143.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg