Wanted to buy: 45mm Triple Weber to suit L series

Hi Ryan just purchase new , don't think that second hand will be cheeper ! 

By the time you get something second hand , strip , sonic bath / hydroblast , new gasket kits ect  then you find they have been modified/messed with and the shaft's & butterflies are stuffed , blocked passage ways etc ! 

I did the above with a set of 44's that cost $1500 , a couple of hundred less than a set of new Weber's at the time and ended up spending close to $3.5k without air filters .

New Weber's will work out cheaper with out the headache's .

Just my 2 cent's 

Doug 

3 hours ago, smugley said:

Hi Ryan just purchase new , don't think that second hand will be cheeper ! 

By the time you get something second hand , strip , sonic bath / hydroblast , new gasket kits ect  then you find they have been modified/messed with and the shaft's & butterflies are stuffed , blocked passage ways etc ! 

I did the above with a set of 44's that cost $1500 , a couple of hundred less than a set of new Weber's at the time and ended up spending close to $3.5k without air filters .

New Weber's will work out cheaper with out the headache's .

Just my 2 cent's 

Doug 

Thanks for the advice Doug! I wasn’t sure how much a second hand set went for tbh. Was just putting the feelers out. I was looking at this set up which seems reasonable but not sure if it’s exactly what I need or not?

86BB61EF-9DE1-463D-927E-4EA4A0FD5E4D.thumb.png.2a8e196dfbb4bc7769d7354a8a28c798.pngE4D32D45-D934-4E2E-B97D-4A4234CEEA7A.thumb.png.9447c5dbb62b4441d22b5d32e143dd96.png

2 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

I was looking at this set up which seems reasonable but not sure if it’s exactly what I need or not?

You need to know what the final specs of your engine will be prior to getting the dcoe carbies, as you do not want to have to change the "standard" jetting/tubes etc. as this can be expensive.

40 minutes ago, AndBir said:

You need to know what the final specs of your engine will be prior to getting the dcoe carbies, as you do not want to have to change the "standard" jetting/tubes etc. as this can be expensive.

Thanks Andy! More research required I’m thinking. When are you off east?

Hi, I have 3 new FAJS (Chinese Weber knock offs) that I am no longer going to use. I will sell them for $350.00 each if his will help. You would need to get a manifold and linkages.

The jetting is:

mains 145

emulsion tubes F16

idle jets 55F8

Needle and Seat 2.00

i bought these about 2 years ago to use on my Datsun 260Z. I thought they were the genuine Webers. Due to a medical problem I had to put my project on hold and have only recently been able to get started on it again. After I realised they are the JAFS 45DCOE carburettors I have decided to replace them. 

Best regards,

Barry Sharp

bsharp05@outlook.com

On 12/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, Champ54 said:

Hi, I have 3 new FAJS (Chinese Weber knock offs) that I am no longer going to use. I will sell them for $350.00 each if his will help. You would need to get a manifold and linkages.

The jetting is:

mains 145

emulsion tubes F16

idle jets 55F8

Needle and Seat 2.00

i bought these about 2 years ago to use on my Datsun 260Z. I thought they were the genuine Webers. Due to a medical problem I had to put my project on hold and have only recently been able to get started on it again. After I realised they are the JAFS 45DCOE carburettors I have decided to replace them. 

Best regards,

Barry Sharp

bsharp05@outlook.com

Thanks for the offer  Barry, but I’m gonna go genuine if I go anything other than SU 

• 1 month later...

I have a set of early Italian 45DCOE13s with stacks but they need the progression holes fixed as they have been modified for alcohol. A carb repair place can do this pretty easily if they have the jig. Let me know if you are interested.