KONI 8641 1060SPORT

Ponyo240z

• 3 months later...

Which S30 do you have?

You may already know this but check your car's strut sizing, as the 240Zs and very early 260Zs (those sold in NZ, anyway, I have one) had 51mm dia, while most 260Zs AFAIK had 56mm dia. Also, the 56mm fronts were shorter (by about 10mm IIRC? so 240Z inserts won't fit), while the rears AFAIK were taller on late 260Zs.

Is there nothing available now on the NZ market?

Edited by gilltech

Actually got two Ausi cars 103 & 424, so both early cars. Both front & back measure 51mm O/D of strut. Does that help ?

I have tried to find these in NZ with no luck. I would be interesting in two sets if possible.

Actually got two Ausi cars 103 & 424, so both early cars

Excellent. Are they listed in Gav's database? Gav is the website owner and is compiling a database of HS30 cars ex Australia.

As all are 51mm yes IMO that makes things simpler. Just a matter of tracking parts down..... Do the inserts have to be Konis? Repco NZ list KYBs front and rear.

Have all 8 struts already got inserts, and worn out or leaking? Because as an option or temporary measure, the struts are rebuildable, with new gland nut/seals and fresh oil.

Edited by gilltech

Yes Gav helped me out tracking down some past owner history for both cars & they already exist on his register.

Both cars are getting full ground up restorations over here & already stripped down. I noticed George (twofortyz#019) has used these units in his build project & like the tuneability option with the dampening.

Fantastic, well done, and perhaps a bravery award for undertaking to do two cars at once! (Kidding... )

Yes I've heard that the adjustable Konis are good value on Zeds, haven't used them myself. Are there no importers for them in NZ at present?

Anyway, please keep this forum posted with your progress, nothing like seeing others' rebuild projects to motivate oneself (!)

• 1 year later...