[eBay] - 1973 Datsun 240z Sydney. Deceased estate

AndBir

Datsun 240Z 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/potts-point/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-thursday-is-the-only-viewing-time-/1254110088

Potts Point, NSW

Selling for a friend whose husband passed away. Make an offer.
The car has been sitting for at least 10 years. Before this it was registered and driving here in NSW. The car has all it's panels and lots of extra parts. Rust in the panels as per the photos. Has been sitting undercover. The engine turns manually.
Message or call me asap if you want to have a look as Thursday (tomorrow) I will sell it. I'll be there all day and afternoon. Contact me for the address.
I did post this ad before but for some reason gumtree took it down?

image.png.e5236616055869587466c5d35e63e12b.png

1 hour ago, AndBir said:

Datsun 240Z 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/potts-point/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-thursday-is-the-only-viewing-time-/1254110088

Potts Point, NSW

Selling for a friend whose husband passed away. Make an offer.
The car has been sitting for at least 10 years. Before this it was registered and driving here in NSW. The car has all it's panels and lots of extra parts. Rust in the panels as per the photos. Has been sitting undercover. The engine turns manually.
Message or call me asap if you want to have a look as Thursday (tomorrow) I will sell it. I'll be there all day and afternoon. Contact me for the address.
I did post this ad before but for some reason gumtree took it down?

image.png.e5236616055869587466c5d35e63e12b.png

Maybe sold already?

I can't get into the add for the details 

I briefly managed to view the ad before it was taken down (I'm guessing it sold as well).

The other side is quite rusted out such that it's got a bunch of giant holes / sections missing from the door and I think the shell as well. Regardless it's a Z and at this point they seem to be all worth saving :)

Ad on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/632638634314633

Edited by daretobedifferent

• Administrators

I saved the images for posterity. It was a little rough alright. Despite being stored under cover. 904 white with red interior car.

Looks like it was a hoarders lot. Wonder if it indeed sold? And how much?

• Administrators

Images I managed to save (and was sent a few from someone who inspected it).

Apparently it sold at auction for roughly $10k. Although the Auction was not well promoted IMHO. So I wonder if it could have sold for more in another setting like eBay?

Looks in similar condition to George's car #19 when he found that.. So big job ahead.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is interested it sold for $15k

Well that flies right in the face of that troll who was on this forum recently telling all that these old Zeds are really worth nothing much and he shouldn't have to pay much either...!

It looks pretty bad but hopefully not a heart-breaker for the keen new owner, and another car in a diminishing pool of cars will eventually be saved. :) 

• Administrators

New owner joined a Facebook group. Plenty of enthusiasm. Not sure they know how much work is involved, but ignorance is bliss :).

I think they were attempting to get it running, turns over ok.

He's a nice guy, but he said he won't be doing the work himself. He's looking out for a good panel beater primarily in Sydney (I think) if anyone has recommendations. It's a numbers matching car with original logbooks + service history so he's getting it restored it to factory spec. Should be worth a good amount once complete. 

Edited by daretobedifferent

I'm a little surprised that 260z Project coupe that is advertised also on Gumtree (the one with the RocketBunny kit and modded engine bay etc hasn't already been grabbed) I was considering it myself until I got interested in an import. This one looks like it is a great shell and with all the other extras has to be a decent buy and I know he is willing to negotiate the price, but really not for me to say. 

24 minutes ago, Bird said:

I'm a little surprised that 260z Project coupe that is advertised also on Gumtree (the one with the RocketBunny kit and modded engine bay etc hasn't already been grabbed) I was considering it myself until I got interested in an import. This one looks like it is a great shell and with all the other extras has to be a decent buy and I know he is willing to negotiate the price, but really not for me to say. 

That 260z shell has been cut and modified to suit the 4WD GTR  running gear . Front rails , firewall , tunnel  ect . A huge amount of work to bring back to standard . 

Seems (s)he may still be looking and has not lost the attitude : https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/wtb-240z-shell-15k/1250241628

Yes, that ad has now been running for a while. Unsurprisingly. Arrogant, who would bother even replying?

But didn't I read him say that he'd now got a car, somewhere in that old thread? Or maybe I mis-read, senior moment perhaps...

37 minutes ago, gilltech said:

But didn't I read him say that he'd now got a car,

He said he had already bought a 240z but then rampaged on about now only wanting to pay $15k for a shell.

It appears now he is so distressed about the whole thing he has his ?sister? advertising on his behalf on Gumtree?

It appears now he is so distressed about the whole thing he has his ?sister? advertising on his behalf on Gumtree?

After very publicly dumping on everyone who owns a Zed, whether their car is up for sale or not, and the very same people whose advice he would surely need probably many times over, IMHO he's shot himself in the foot several times over and left himself little choice but to get a third party involved. He won't be getting any parts or help from me that's for sure.