Steering Rack 260Z 2+2 1976 - Wanted

AK

Hi Guys - I am after a steering rack for my 260z 2+2 1976 model - the current one has the inner tie-rods welded on and they need to be replaced - not sure I will be able to get them of without permently damaging the rack so I would like to have a back up at least before attempting. 

Located in QLD Sunshine Coast. - Cheers AK

Edited by AK
More info

Mate they are all welded to stop them from coming undone. This is done in the factory. I have have seen four racks and they are all the same and also in the book. Take note of No 4.

IMG_2240.JPG

Edited by peter t

I had mine done up by Col Robinson & Co at Kedron.  0733504000.  Good service although he had to make new bushes for it as standard ones were sloppy. Had to take it back but he fixed it up no probs.

Hi Pete

Thanks again it was pretty neat welding so it kind of makes sense - wonder if thread locker will be enough? I have new ones in now - did a quick 50km today -  with the Techno Toy lower control arms and support arms and it feels great at the moment.