260z 2+2 Carpets

Brenden

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Brenden said:

Hi Everyone, I have a 260Z 2+2 1976 Manual and I need a full carpet set including transmission tunnel, Boot and back of rear seats. Can anyone tell me where i can get this from in Aus?

Thanks

Ive been looking as well mate with no luck. I can only find stuff from usa which will cost a bomb to ship over here! 
im thinking about just buying some general automotive style carpet and doing a diy approach. The z doesnt seem to be too complex  in the way it angles carpet etc so shouldnt be too bad. 
if you do find somewhere, pm me and let me know please! 

Dan

I have a 260z 2-seat. The rubber backing on the original carpets decayed and disintegrated over time so I just took the 5 pieces to an automotive trimmer and he fabricated new ones with bound edges and insulation material glued to the backs. The pieces on my car are all flat sections when laid out, no moulded pieces, so it was a simple and inexpensive process.

Edited by gilltech

4 hours ago, Millerman said:

I thought I saw the Z Factory in Melbourne advertising carpets both on a roll and made to fit with bound edges, maybe contact Rob and check http://www.zfactory.com.au/contact.html

Edit : Here is the advert https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/auto-body-parts/datsun-240z-260z-carpet/1242679129

Edited by AndBir

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, Millerman said:

Ive been looking as well mate with no luck. I can only find stuff from usa which will cost a bomb to ship over here! 
im thinking about just buying some general automotive style carpet and doing a diy approach. The z doesnt seem to be too complex  in the way it angles carpet etc so shouldnt be too bad. 

Dan

Hi Dan,

I have spoken with Stuart from Aus classics in Ballan Vic www.ausclassics.com.au

He can make the carpets for the entire car, however he is flat out so im not sure how long it will take ive been waiting quite some time already. Ithere are previous posts on the forum where some of the guys have had an average experience with correct fitment. Stuart has assured me that he has all that rectified now?

1 hour ago, Brenden said:

Hi Dan,

I have spoken with Stuart from Aus classics in Ballan Vic www.ausclassics.com.au

He can make the carpets for the entire car, however he is flat out so im not sure how long it will take ive been waiting quite some time already. Ithere are previous posts on the forum where some of the guys have had an average experience with correct fitment. Stuart has assured me that he has all that rectified now?

Thanks for the heads up perhaps ill bother him in a month or so and see how hes going. 
im in no rush at the moment but just another thing on the list to tick off