240z/260z wanted

zguy1824

hi guys im new here,and im after a 240z/ 260z project to build with my son, probably a rusty basket  case as i dont have much money being a pensioner. if you have a rusty one you want to get rid of please let me know,im in sydney willing to travel even interstate to find a really cheap rusty car. cheers guys

• Administrators

Good luck, even rusty / projects are now minimum $15k+ it would appear. There is 1 on Gumtree and another on eBay at the minute. Under $20k.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:09 AM, zguy1824 said:

hi guys im new here,and im after a 240z/ 260z project to build with my son, probably a rusty basket  case as i dont have much money being a pensioner. if you have a rusty one you want to get rid of please let me know,im in sydney willing to travel even interstate to find a really cheap rusty car. cheers guys

Missed the boat

A few spare kidneys will do the job lol

I agree with Gavin, plus minimum 30k for minor rust work and paint. Then you have running gear, missing parts that you will need to buy (new aftermarket or old parts that need fixing), interior, wiring, wheels & tyres and the list goes on. 

Best to find a really clean example and enjoy that one and add your own mods to your taste.  

But its all up to you in the end. 

• Administrators

I thought the same thing about Real Estate for ages. Still hasn't happened. Whilst central banks are printing trillions of dollars and devaluing currency it's hard to see how it's all gonna pan out.

I personally would rather hold assets whilst this insane money experiment pans out.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Hayden said:

He sold them.

I rang again today but they are all sold unfortunately.

Ill keep looking as that was exactly what i was after.

Fair warning they will cost you much more to restore in the long run than a good example. I personally look at those cars and question if they are worth it?

Since they are not early 240z's, having said that I'm sure 260z 2 seaters will increase in value going forward but you can save yourself a lot of headaches buying better examples.

• 2 weeks later...

I got in contact with this guy.

Gumtree: datsun 260z 2 seater project panels donor car

Please view this ad:

datsun 260z 2 seater project panels donor car,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/girraween/auto-body-parts/datsun-260z-2-seater-project-panels-donor-car/1231715989?utm_source=com.samsung.android.messaging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

Price: $8,500

His cars are very rusty and in need of a full skin.He will not  go lower than 8k. And it is the son selling for the father. Another old guy hanging onto the dream of a resto while not starting it he was not willing to sell it and let it sit out in the weather.

Might be good for someone.

44 minutes ago, JDM-TOY said:

The pictures look like they have been taken at the front of Stewart Wilkins workshop. Also Tim is selling the car and he is Stewarts son so possibly its Stewarts car or Stewart is on selling the car for someome...

That’s a very good eye - agreed!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, zguy1824 said:

Here you go, BE QUICK, given the circumstances a reasonable offer may get it for you https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/potts-point/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-thursday-is-the-only-viewing-time-/1254110088