Indicator switch question

Dyson

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Dyson said:

Are the 240z and 260z indicator switches the same?

Nope, a 260z has a simple "slide type" single pole double throw (center off) switch while the 240z has a complicated toggle/rocker type "switch" that I read could be described as a modified double pole double throw (center off) switch.

Not sure about the light stalk/switch wiring.

11 minutes ago, AndBir said:

Nope, a 260z has a simple "slide type" single pole double throw (center off) switch while the 240z has a complicated toggle/rocker type "switch" that I read could be described as a modified double pole double throw (center off) switch.

Not sure about the light stalk/switch wiring.

Thank you. 

• Administrators

A lot of variances over the years... you have an early 240z, so you'll need an early RHD switch.. They can be rebuilt, but there is a plastic piece inside that if it breaks won't give that nice confirming click into place and the rockers that operate the switch won't work so they switch will not work correctly. The only repair solution is to 3D print the piece.. and find tiny springs (if you can).

34 minutes ago, gav240z said:

A lot of variances over the years... you have an early 240z, so you'll need an early RHD switch.. They can be rebuilt, but there is a plastic piece inside that if it breaks won't give that nice confirming click into place and the rockers that operate the switch won't work so they switch will not work correctly. The only repair solution is to 3D print the piece.. and find tiny springs (if you can).

I've been slowly going through my boxes of parts over the last couple of weeks (thanks covid for the extra time) 

and restoring/rejuvenating them as I go. Searched every box but indicator switch is missing.

I'm sure I'll find many other parts missing along the way. I can get my hands on a 75 260z indicator and combo switch, but Andbir mentioned they are different.

Also Gav can you suggest someone in qld that can restore the annodising to parts like horn contact on steering wheel and under bonnet light and so on?

Cheers

Dyson

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dyson said:

Also Gav can you suggest someone in qld that can restore the annodising to parts like horn contact on steering wheel and under bonnet light and so on?

I don't know anyone in QLD I'm afraid. There is a very good place in SA and Victoria though. I'm sure a QLD member could chime in with a suggestion.