280ZX AC Evaporator Core

Gyzmo

A$75

Good condition.

No leaks to my knowledge - Not from my vehicle.

Pipe connections have been taped up to keep dust and rubbish out.

Sorry, don't know year.

Located Sydney Northern Beaches.

Happy to send overseas at buyer's expense...

20200219_S9-01 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

20200219_S9-02 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

20200219_S9-03 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

20200219_S9-05 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

20200219_S9-06 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

20200219_S9-07 280ZX Evap Core Core.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 4/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, Andrew Costello said:

Hi Gyzmo,

Is this item still available.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy

I am not sure that this core will suit your car.

The hard lines are different, the 260 one has a long tail.

It may well possible to make it fit, but I don’t believe it is a straight fit.

Cheers

PB 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, AndBir said:

Yep, hard to tell how the core dimensions compare but the shorter copper hard lines could be replaced / extended to suit.

IMG_8047.thumb.JPG.bba629e5452914f416b9b852d93e914a.JPG

IMG_8044.thumb.JPG.99bd837c2646ff67d93ae3bee97a3801.JPG

Hi

That is exactly what Andy is looking for.

It actually for my old bus which Andy purchased recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PB

• 2 months later...

This is a long shot from the USA, but do you still have this evaporator core and possibly the hitachi s130rm-2 housing for it? I have one of the few RHD 280ZXs out here in the states and I would like to put factory AC into my car. Would you also be willing to ship to the USA? 

6 hours ago, 85Strong said:

This is a long shot from the USA, but do you still have this evaporator core and possibly the hitachi s130rm-2 housing for it? I have one of the few RHD 280ZXs out here in the states and I would like to put factory AC into my car. Would you also be willing to ship to the USA? 

Hello,

Yes both the evaporator and the heater cores are still available.
The housing for the fan and heater/evaporator case was pretty badly damaged and the air vanes were badly rusted these have been discarded.

I am happy to ship to USA at your expense.
Australian Dollar is currently floating between $0.66 & $0.69.
I prefer if you can organise shipping from your end because I am time short.
But I can look into a number of shipping options if need be.
I use PayPal if that is convenient for you...
I have other cabin related AC/heater parts if you are interested - Vacuum valves, vacuum port switch, heater relay and amplifier MOSFET module.

I can send photos of what I have if you are interested to see more.

Ironically I have had these parts for so long I was this weekend past considering scrapping them...

I would only need the evaporator core since I have the other components. It's a bummer you do not have the housing for it. That is the last part of my puzzle. What shipping companies do you have out there? I would need the declensions of the box its shipping in and the weight to calculate and arrange shipping. I'm in Las Vegas Nevada USA 89131.

19 minutes ago, 85Strong said:

I would only need the evaporator core since I have the other components. It's a bummer you do not have the housing for it. That is the last part of my puzzle. What shipping companies do you have out there? I would need the declensions of the box its shipping in and the weight to calculate and arrange shipping. I'm in Las Vegas Nevada USA 89131.

We have agencies for DHL, UPS and FedEx here in Sydney - All located near Sydney Airport.  I have used DHL in the past to send items overseas and have found they are reliable and products arrive undamaged.  I have received overseas items from all three agencies.  From my experience FedEx are the most expensive.

It will be more convenient if whom ever you chose to ship the core can collect from my house.  I can deliver to their shopfronts however they are all located near Sydney Airport and conveniently located short term car parking is abysmal.

The package is 350mm High x 310mm Wide x 240mm Deep --> Weight = 4.5 kilograms.  I will bubble wrap the core when I package it to mitigate any damage if you decide to proceed.

I am located in Frenchs Forest, NSW (New South Wales) - Postal Code 2086...  I think this will give you enough details to obtain pricing from the three agencies.
If at this stage you need my address I can supply privately.

I suggest that when you receive the core, prior to installation, that you service it and purge it with refrigerant. And if you intend storing it for a period of time that you seal the connections to inhibit dirt ingress...

If you ever visit Eric Neyerlin's ZParts website I'm the guy who wrote the SU Carburettor Article...

1 hour ago, Gyzmo said:

The package is 350mm High x 310mm Wide x 240mm Deep --> Weight = 4.5 kilograms.  I will bubble wrap the core when I package it to mitigate any damage if you decide to proceed.

Using Interparcel to find quotes, the cheapest would be Aus$106.10 door to door via UPS Express Saver.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, AndBir said:

Using Interparcel to find quotes, the cheapest would be Aus$106.10 door to door via UPS Express Saver.

That is reasonable! Have you or anyone else had any experience using Interparcel to send packages?  

8 hours ago, 85Strong said:

Have you or anyone else had any experience using Interparcel to send packages?

Yes, I used them to get a quote to send a parcel from Australia to England. The collection/drop off and transport is done by the selected courier company which was UPS and it all went well and the large parcel arrived in 3 days.

3 hours ago, AndBir said:

Yes, I used them to get a quote to send a parcel from Australia to England

Some further info re requirements as per my parcel but may be different going to the USA.

This is a UPS Express Saver service from , Australia to , UK.

You have chosen to have your parcel collected on Tuesday 26th September between 11am and 6pm. Please remember this is just a request and your collection may be outside of these times.

Your tracking number for this order is XXXX and you can follow the progress of your parcel at au.interparcel.com/tracking/XXXX

We've also attached a document called Labels - XXXX.pdf which contains your shipping label. You must print this out and stick it securely to your parcel before shipping.

As your parcel is being sent to UK, we've attached a Commercial Invoice to this email. You will need to print out 3 copies and place them in an envelope attached to your parcel. This is used by Customs to process the arrival of your goods.

In order to comply with Australian regulations, you must leave your parcel open for inspection and show the driver a current photo ID.

We've given you $100 of Transit Warranty with this service. You have also paid for an additional $50 Transit Warranty, so in the event of a loss or damage claim $150 would be the maximum available.

You must ensure your parcel is packaged properly inside and out. Please see our Handy Guides for information. There are also some things that we can't accept due to safety or practical issues. Our Prohibited & Restricted page lists most of these items so please take a look and make sure you aren't sending any of these.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:52 PM, Gyzmo said:

I have not used them only DHL or a company called Pack & Send who are expensive and with Pack and Send you have to take parcel to their shopfront...

Gyzmo,

I would like to take this off your hands but I need some time to see if I can find the housing for the evaporator. Do you know anyone who may have the S130 RM-2 for one of these? If not, I need to find a 3D print shop that can create it or try my hand at fiberglass. This is the part I need, it is just not all there. I will probably use Interparcel to send it which would pick it up from your home but will require me to fill it out with a lot of your information. Please give me a week or 2 and I will contact you directly.

3 hours ago, 85Strong said:

Gyzmo,

I would like to take this off your hands but I need some time to see if I can find the housing for the evaporator. Do you know anyone who may have the S130 RM-2 for one of these? If not, I need to find a 3D print shop that can create it or try my hand at fiberglass. This is the part I need, it is just not all there. I will probably use Interparcel to send it which would pick it up from your home but will require me to fill it out with a lot of your information. Please give me a week or 2 and I will contact you directly.

No unfortunately I don't know anyone who would have a S130 RM-2.  I suggest that part will be more difficult to obtain here in Australia, 280ZX's were not popular here...

No Problem...  The Evaporator is boxed and ready to go.