Finally got my 73 rust bucket into the shed. Final inspiration was seeing jeff43's beauty parked at my neighbours place

I figure the easiest way to get going is to start at the rear bumper and work forwards.

Have been collecting parts , will need front bumper, windscreen washer bottle, air ducts from rad support panel. I'm sure more bits will be needed . And I have a working clock

First task get rid of the 260 tail lights and replace with 240 ones .

Because of the butchery that was done to pu in the 260 lights they didn't seal properly and the typical cancer above the tail light has taken hold.  I'm wondering if the car had been hit in the rear hence the replacement lights.  Rear hatch is full of big and looks like it had a rear  spoiler fitted at one point. 

Lots of rust removal. Typical spots., dog leg floors (have replacement floors) lower guards, I'm guessing the frame rails will be shot. I guess I will be an expert welder when I'm done. Have a couple of trashed panels I have been practicing on. 

Anyway will post more pics as I progress

20200208_202649.jpg

20200208_195759.jpg

20200208_203535.jpg

Interesting project. The 260 taillights are 2+2 not 2-seater, so the offender fitting them would have had some work to do. Makes one wonder why they would have gone to so much trouble.

Good luck with the project, good to see another Zed being rescued.

To fit the tail lights the metal work was cut to fit the reversing light and the plastic surround was cut to fit the centre piece. Even the number plate had been trimmed to fit

That's some seriously bad cutting skills.  Or it might be very skilful if that used garden shears!

Enjoy the journey.  Keep the faith.  Just log on here and study other journals if you start to lose momentum.

Time to remove the slam panel. Thought about buying a spot weld cutter but thought why not regrind a drill bit .

Seems to do the job well. Now just to find all the hidden spot welds. Have been reading through a couple others builds to locate them.

At first the panel only had a small blister turned out to be full of big on each end. So I guess I will be ordering in the rare spares replacement one

20200223_202838.jpg

20200223_200651.jpg