C.A.F.

Datsun Ferrari GTO Body Kit - SOLD

SOLD.

Do you have delusions of grandeur?
Do you like being made fun of at car shows?
Do you feel like ruining a Japanese classic car?

Well! This is the perfect deal for you!
For Sale one Ferrari GTO body kit to suit a Datsun 240Z / 260Z made by Corsa in Melbourne.
In as new condition and never fitted to a car.
Complete with door skins, bonnet, dash, rear infill panels, front and rear body clips.
Original purchase price was over $9000!
Simply buy a Datsun Z car, then instantly devalue it by fitting this bodykit.
Pickup on in Warragul, Victoria.

IMG_20200125_111557362.thumb.jpg.189f5509187d23402de654945fec588f.jpg

IMG_20200125_111611709.thumb.jpg.82585861b2cebcf059adab8e16f5e266.jpg

IMG_20200125_110724952.thumb.jpg.a3c26aa5b0bf20f3992161b205a1e41f.jpg

IMG_20200125_110600709.thumb.jpg.79629e65ef8501f7059e1dbcffbfe413.jpg

Edited by C.A.F.

I quite like these but agree would ruin value... Perfect for some of the project LHD 240zs kicking around Australia.. 

Edited by Gtv240z

16 hours ago, Gtv240z said:

Ferrari engine.... About the same price as building a stinking hot l series these days

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F380725033019

I know which I'd rather have in my Zed! The Ferrari engine wud sound better & look better in it let alone blow a stinking hot L6 away.

A stinking hot L series would be twice the price of that Ferrari engine, with less power. Just ask Les.

Edited by ScottyD

4 hours ago, ScottyD said:

A stinking hot L series would be twice the price of that Ferrari engine, with less power. Just ask Les.

Yeah but it probably doesn't catch on fire. Just because..

12 hours ago, ScottyD said:

Looks like that Ferrari engine would require an aftermarket ECU plus a gearbox, if one could be adapted. That would cost a bomb, cheaper to fit a 370Z engine with gearbox.

Well depends on what you consider expensive? My back of the drink coaster cost estimate, you'd be up at around $30K to have that engine in the hole and running even with no fabrication skills. That's assuming the engine doesn't go for more than around $17K to $18k. 

Custom exhaust about $3k going on what it costs to make a six cylinder one off manifold for a hemi six, ECU's are cheap, so around $2,5 to $3K. Wiring would be a pain, but with the engine harness included not insurmountable with some time and patience. A bit of fabrication for engine mounts and bell housing, get a six speed gearbox for around $6k.

So yeah, about what you'd spend on an L series to get the same power as the fezza motor....