GROUP BUY 240Z/260Z NEW rear hatch glass $495

240ZR

Hi guys, need the numbers for anyone wanting a brand new rear hatch glass in clear. This price is pretty cheap compared to $725 from Auto Glass Warehouse in Brissy

Price is $492.45 each if we get a minimum order of 5 units or $422.10 if we order 10 units. These off course are plus freight from Melb.

Please contact me to get the ball rolling.

P.S. can also get door glass for $235.20 each & 1/4 glass for $165.38 each for a minimum of 5 pairs... even cheaper for 10 pairs. 

So, a complete 5 piece glass set in clear for your car will cost you $1293.65 + freight if we get 5 orders, or $1108.8 + freight for 10 orders. (That's quite cheap compared to AGW on eBay for $1785)

Edited by 240ZR

FWIW, 260Z rear glass is slightly thicker & heavier (stronger) than 240Z rear glass, so you might want to check the thickness you'd be getting. 

Q. Is all door glass the same across 240 & (2-seater) 260Z? I ask because there are several different window winder mechanisms used across the years, I don't know if they all bolt up exactly the same.

I'd be interested to know why the AutoglassWarehouse rear screen is $725 yet their front screen is only $135.

The rear glass is 5 mm & the door glass' are for 240Z & early 260Z (2 seater only) as I'm sure the later 260Z are different but stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I will check on the thickness of the door & 1/4 glass units tomorrow.

Autoglass Warehouse are suppliers only, they are not manufactures so they source their glass from elsewhere, most probably China.

Those that want 240/260 door glass should check the bolt pattern and lower edge shaping will match, but it may be just the track that changed. But the 2-seater glass did change for the '77 model. Mixing and matching doors and their internals can be a PITA for those buying project cars in bits.

I've been in to Autoglass and my impression from talking to them was that the glass is Australian-made to our own standards. I was told that as long as they have a pattern they can make most auto glass. One of the guys there is a Zed owner himself.

Unfortunately for those of us who have the light blue tint glass (generally imports from overseas markets?) Autoglass will only do the clear at this stage.

Edited by gilltech

• Administrators

Not that I'm in a position at the moment. But I'm wondering if they can add defrost lines? I'd love to get vertical defrost line glass.

I can get them from the US but always a risk of breaking in transit and the defrost elements no longer working.

PS: Believe it or not our AU market clear glass is desired by early 69 build date North American owners due to the fact that the early cars had clear glass (no defrost elements) and this is actually quite rare for them. Of course people restoring early cars will want the Nissan stamping on them, so reproductions won't help in this case.

I'm wondering if they can add defrost lines? I'd love to get vertical defrost line glass.

Or horizontal defrost lines. My NZ-new 260 hasn't got them, IMO a dumb omission for a colder climate. (Seems we got the hazard switch instead). The wiring is there, & I got the correct switch from a US supplier, but I had to add one of those stick-on defroster elements which lasted a few years but after it died I peeled it off again.

'Frost Fighter', now that's the go. You'd think they'd do defroster lines to order, if they are in the business of providing OEM replacements to a wide range of vehicles in the market place.

Factory tint on the Zeds is blue not green. They'd need a sample to match to though, it's only a very pale blue tint.

12 hours ago, gilltech said:

Factory tint on the Zeds is blue not green. They'd need a sample to match to though, it's only a very pale blue tint.

That's weird as i have clear & green tinted rear hatch glass' (the clear being the thinner type)... also have a drivers door glass & both 1/4 glass' in the blue.  

That's weird as i have clear & green tinted rear hatch glass' (the clear being the thinner type)... also have a drivers door glass & both 1/4 glass' in the blue.

Hmm, sounds like you have a mix of both types on your car for some reason, some being replaced during a partial restoration perhaps?

Clear glass actually has an inherent very pale greenish tint to it by default, just look at an edge. If you have one glass darker than the other then is it simply because it's thicker? 260 hatch glass is thicker than 240 hatch glass. Or maybe one is an aftermarket replacement? Dunno. What Standards markings do they have?

Anyway, the Zed's factory blue tint glass I would describe as very pale.

My NZ-new car has the factory blue tint. In NZ, I once had the screen replaced under insurance due to stone damage, and when it came to be fitted it was an Australian-made clear glass screen not a Nissan unit (sadly, but can't complain as it was a freebie). Looking at the car closely in the right light you can see the difference between the screen (clear) and the rest of the glass (pale blue), but it's subtle especially with a black interior. I later bought a good blue screen out of a JDM Fairlady, and have that stashed away. I have also collected spare door, side and hatch glass since being in Australia and it's all clear. So I have a full set of each type.

Edited by gilltech

Original post edited with new pricing!!

Hi guys, need the numbers for anyone wanting a brand new rear hatch glass in clear. This price is pretty cheap compared to $725 from Auto Glass Warehouse in Brissy

Price is $492.45 each if we get a minimum order of 5 units or $422.10 if we order 10 units. These off course are plus freight from Melb.

Please contact me to get the ball rolling.

P.S. can also get door glass for $235.20 each & 1/4 glass for $165.38 each for a minimum of 5 pairs... even cheaper for 10 pairs. 

So, a complete 5 piece glass set in clear for your car will cost you $1293.65 + freight if we get 5 orders, or $1108.8 + freight for 10 orders. (That's quite cheap compared to AGW on eBay for $1785)

Edited by 240ZR

• 5 months later...

Hi mate I would be interested in complete glass set for 260z 2+2 1974 my number is 0447560460 Steve.

Im lost on this website contact by call or text live near Melbourne.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My 240z rear hatch glass has a couple of rub marks (from Louvers) on it. Can probably get a glass guy to grind down and polish out with nano gel, getting it almost right, but has anyone got a good condition rear hatch glass that I could buy. Alternatively, does anyone want to do a group buy if I can’t get someone to do me a one off in the new year?

Edited by Wags
Spelling