260 front

Linton

wanted to buy front off 260 from about the wheels forward including rad support let me know if you have anything, I don't have the skills to repair it and would prefer just to cut and shut

Regards Linton

Edited by Linton

Peter, cut and shut may not be the correct term to use, sorry bout that,  I dont see a problem its only 18 inches of the front I want to replace not the whole front end. its pretty hard just to pack up a vehicle that doesn't run and drive 14 hrs to take it to a shop for a repair without knowing the cost of the repair, but I will give it some thought, I think that it is a bit too much for me to handle but I was prepared to have a go, couldn't make it any bloody worse.

Edited by Linton

How much of a crash? Should it go on a chassis machine to check that the 4 struts are all in correct alignment in all 3 dimensions?

I suggest you first brace the front before drilling out all the spot welds to remove the radiator support. Once things are separated panel beating is much easier. You'd need a radiator support from either a 240Z or early 260Z, the later 260Z ones are quite different. Good ones are not easy to find though, the X-member is usually well rusted on cars being parted out.