Jump to content
240z71

1975 Fairlady Z 2 seater - PARTING OUT

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys 

not really getting around to doing anything with the project so thought I’d list it and see if there’s any interest in it. Car is a 1975 Fairlady Z imported from Japan back in 2014. Car had been restored over there before coming over. As it sits right now it doesn’t have 

- Doors 

- Hatch 

- drivetrain 

- Seats 

 

car does still have

- all suspension / brakes. (Did have rose jointed adjustable castor rod and control arms. 

- Full wiring

- genuine watenabes with potenza re001’s (15x8.5 and 15x9.5) and genuine lug nuts 

- Full interior, liners, carpets, door cards, ect...

- Dash wrapped in Alcantara 

- autometer rpm gauge 

- genuine Nardi classic suede

- Fujitsubu super ex headers (have slight damage from impact) with Legalis R exhaust  

- Cusco strut bars 

- All glass 

- fuel tank and plumbing with electric Nismo pump 

It is basically a complete car minus the bits I said were missing. Car has no rust that I can see from inspecting. I have spares of parts missing including panels if interested. Impact Damage is pretty bad on passenger side and would require 2+2 donor for front end. Damage has come through to passenger footwell. There is also dent on passenger rear quarter from impact. 

Located - Echuca 

Price - $10000 Negotiable / make an offer 

let me know if you’ve got any questions 

Thanks Matt 

 

28C50145-CC8E-4B6F-9A89-E05E1B43EFC7.jpeg

0D809897-DF40-4EE4-9A65-4B5BF61F3530.jpeg

AF329FEA-3E24-4BBB-BA93-9AAACE18BBF4.jpeg

11A4CA48-A2D9-43F0-A556-CA9753D61A0E.jpeg

30E2F629-5486-4B9A-8737-EFE9F05CE318.jpeg

B532778A-6FAC-4B57-96C5-F7CFD6EF0BAD.jpeg

6CDCF73A-F913-4E29-A8C4-5110B5E3DD41.jpeg

EAE6B2FD-7867-4E60-8645-611B5482EB57.jpeg

7982B4B4-011D-482B-8D6B-B7A5673391EE.jpeg

6BA458E3-8F0D-4999-87F0-87BBA8BA43DF.jpeg

CA966544-0326-4FD3-B1E8-ECC67DC781D1.jpeg

27FD33B4-D25E-4B3D-8D75-74B5360A736E.jpeg

8A817E2E-F95C-4634-856A-421B4B7AD68B.jpeg

D5435762-6610-424A-B004-E894D2FA2CFF.jpeg

A9F12C85-1C73-4DCA-B511-403A51A41605.jpeg

9FD33732-05C8-4CAC-AF42-BA6D6CC8F6A3.jpeg

BF854E5C-FA47-4A2C-8794-499F52D6D1D3.jpeg

26E47A64-FFB8-4B3E-A9A9-7B75921FBB2C.jpeg

976A8FF0-CA1E-4A5F-BE05-5F73BD717051.jpeg

8677DCAC-1575-4F31-AD6E-45254800805B.jpeg

5BBC7E4A-0771-40EE-A6CD-F501D5ACDC30.jpeg

Edited by 240z71
Now parting out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 240z71 said:

There is also dent on passenger rear quarter from impact.

So without the doors and rear hatch it is difficult to see if the whole chassis is buckled as may be indicated by the "dent" in the rear quarter and the small one above the rear window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndBir said:

So without the doors and rear hatch it is difficult to see if the whole chassis is buckled as may be indicated by the "dent" in the rear quarter and the small one above the rear window?

I think it's pretty clear it needs to be put on a jig and re-aligned... no question about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gav240z said:

I think it's pretty clear it needs to be put on a jig and re-aligned... no question about it.

Yeah gav’s onto it. Would need to go on a jig. Could very well be a bit bent from impact.would need to be inspected. Drivers side door and hatch shut perfect but passenger side got punched back from impact. Reason it doesn’t have the doors or hatch is cause they were fibreglass so I took them for my race car. As well as the kameari stroker, s13 gearbox and R180 LSD. May just end up parting it out if I get no offers but would prefer it gone as a whole. 

 

I’m quite open to offers just found it hard to put a price on so I threw a number out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a wrecked 76 2+2 and the parts necessary to put this back together. I am waiting on them (shannons) to come back to me with a cash settlement for the repairs so i will be keeping a close eye on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fourseaterdevilz said:

I have a wrecked 76 2+2 and the parts necessary to put this back together. I am waiting on them (shannons) to come back to me with a cash settlement for the repairs so i will be keeping a close eye on this. 

Let me know if you want anymore photos or have any questions 

 

thanks Matt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you are parting out, let me know as I'm interested in:

- Door cards with the hand rest

- wiper arms inc. motors

- Full interior, liners, carpets, door cards (minus dash and console)

- Cusco strut bars 

- Brake booster

- Fuel tank with pump

 

tia ;D

0411328520

Edited by cruzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll only get parted out if it doesn’t sell as a whole for quite a while, not next week or anything. If it does get parted out I doubt I’d cut the shell up for panels. I would just sit it around and fix the shell one day if no one else wanted it. I’ll keep you’s posted though 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, 240z71 said:

Let me know if you want anymore photos or have any questions 

 

thanks Matt 

If you have someone in your area that would be able to assess if chassis is actually twisted is this something you would be willing to do? 

Apart from the damage on the rear right quarter is there anything else? Could you provide some more photos of the chassis rails on the side of impact and the underside of the side skirt.

Also are the wheels damaged in any way?

You can email me at the-z@live.com

Thanks for the reply

Aaron

Edited by fourseaterdevilz
Forgot to say thankyou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cruzer said:

If you are parting out, let me know as I'm interested in:

- Door cards with the hand rest

- wiper arms inc. motors

- Full interior, liners, carpets, door cards (minus dash and console)

- Cusco strut bars 

- Brake booster

 

tia ;D

0411328520

If i take the shell you can have all of that no problem :'D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fourseaterdevilz said:

If you have someone in your area that would be able to assess if chassis is actually twisted is this something you would be willing to do? 

Apart from the damage on the rear right quarter is there anything else? Could you provide some more photos of the chassis rails on the side of impact and the underside of the side skirt.

Also are the wheels damaged in any way?

You can email me at the-z@live.com

Thanks for the reply

Aaron

I think the chassis is definitely twisted. However I don’t think this means it’s not able to be fixed, I’m no expert but. Here are some photos of when I first got the car and you can see how the front drivers side corner of the roof sits lower than the passengers. The wheels are all fine as well . Drivers door and hatch still closed perfectly though 

27CC6B3C-2986-43BA-9F30-45270F1614E2.jpeg

B2EAC546-A604-40AD-8FB1-FC2D3B24934C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fourseaterdevilz said:

If i take the shell you can have all of that no problem :'D

Done deal ;D

PM'd

Edited by cruzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cruzer & @fourseaterdevilz I'd be interested in a couple of items too if neither of you want/need them.....

- exhaust system,
- firewall twin grommets & plates for the heaters/coolant hose & aircon system
- rear bumper bar
- tail lights & surrounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OdinZ said:

- exhaust system,

Won't fit a 2+2, should sell it to me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gav240z said:

Won't fit a 2+2, should sell it to me. :)

You don't need it......and I'll make it fit! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OdinZ said:

@cruzer & @fourseaterdevilz I'd be interested in a couple of items too if neither of you want/need them.....


- tail lights & surrounds

260Z 2-seater tail lights are different to 2+2 - I'm not 100% sure they fit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, C.A.F. said:

260Z 2-seater tail lights are different to 2+2 - I'm not 100% sure they fit...

i had a feeling that might be the case, but worth checking out if i got them. otherwise im sure someone else would need them down the track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, 240z71 said:

It’ll only get parted out if it doesn’t sell as a whole for quite a while, not next week or anything. If it does get parted out I doubt I’d cut the shell up for panels. I would just sit it around and fix the shell one day if no one else wanted it. I’ll keep you’s posted though 

 

Shoot me an email or a way to contact you you directly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OdinZ said:

@cruzer & @fourseaterdevilz I'd be interested in a couple of items too if neither of you want/need them.....

- exhaust system,
- firewall twin grommets & plates for the heaters/coolant hose & aircon system
- rear bumper bar
- tail lights & surrounds

I would like to try and keep the rear as whole as possible if I purchase the entire chassis as I really only really have parts for a front end cut and drivetrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fourseaterdevilz said:

I would like to try and keep the rear as whole as possible if I purchase the entire chassis as I really only really have parts for a front end cut and drivetrain

Yeah fair enough, they are not major parts i need. I'd possibly be interested in the diff then. Let us know if you go ahead with this first, then I guess we can talk. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OdinZ said:

Yeah fair enough, they are not major parts i need. I'd possibly be interested in the diff then. Let us know if you go ahead with this first, then I guess we can talk. haha

Hahaha yes my apologies any Z restoration topic and I can't help but get ideas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure any front-cut's are of the same year as this car. There is differences between the early (S30) and late 260z chassis (S31). Marrying up an early 260z front-end on a late 260z rear end is not ideal. These changes apply to both 2 seater and 2+2s.

This car appears to have the tall rear strut towers, but the early style front radiator support (with fresh air vents on the inside of the engine bay), also has early style door latches. So I'd be looking at a 74 and early 75 donor car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...