peter t

Filter sock oil.

Peter this is also my current task, I will wash them in clean petrol a couple of times. I have decided not re oil the filters as it seems to be causing the carby's to run rich at idle, and wash them out maybe depending on use, every 6 weeks or so.

Normal engine oils is fine you don't want to use anything too thick

Sounds like a lot of hassle.

My Mikuni's are currently running K+N Filters on each carb body. Looks ugly, but functional I suppose. I'd prefer an airbox really, maybe with a nice panel pod filter at the snout.

Shame nobody makes a really suitable product that bolts on nicely.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, Linton said:

... I have decided not re oil the filters as it seems to be causing the carby's to run rich at idle...

Not putting the oil on too thick is important, I've found warming up the bottle of oil in a pot of hot water helps to thin it down, which makes it a little easier to pour a thin line around each sock before working it well into the foam.

Oiling these things is definitely a case of less is more, but avoid using none, especially if you're taking the car anywhere dusty. It's the oil that traps the dust in the sock.

I usually use house hold detergent for my K&N filters on another car and use K&N oil. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, peter t said:

Yep going to place an order for one of these.

Advertised for $630 BUT add on all the extras and it becomes $1043. Buggar.

10 minutes ago, peter t said:

Advertised for $630 BUT add on all the extras and it becomes $1043. Buggar.

Did you call them? Might be worth a shot, sometimes the websites for these small businesses are not exactly set up right. I'd call them and check what they can do for you?

3 hours ago, gav240z said:

Did you call them? Might be worth a shot, sometimes the websites for these small businesses are not exactly set up right. I'd call them and check what they can do for you?

Email Gav, the reply to my asking. $630 is for the outer piece then you have to buy the adapoter plate then all the other bits.